Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Identify this Sedum?

Posted by srosso z6 NY (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 12, 09 at 11:48

Spotted in Zone 6 on this past Sunday, October 11: a beautiful sedum growing like ground cover on a slope. the autumn foliage is a gorgeous rosy orange. what i believe was the summer flowers is now dark brown spiky clusters.

i was told it may be Sedum Selskianum Goldilocks, but the only images i have found on the internet are from spring/summer with the yellow flowers -- and so it does not look at all familiar now.

i would like to find out what it is ASAP so I can plant in October. unfortunately, my pictures are too large to load here. thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Identify this Sedum?

There are quite a few mat forming sedums with red or pink flowers besides yellow, some of them are listed in the link below, maybe one of these will match the one you saw.

Here is a link that might be useful: Paghats Garden

o

thank you aftermidnight, but i fear i have confused the issue. i am looking for the name of a sedum with yellow flowers (according to the gardener who was present), but i have seen it just yesterday without it's yellow flowers (only with autumn foliage).

therefore, when i search the internet and see tons of yellow flowering sedum, i have no way of knowing which one it is, since i never saw the flowers myself in the summer.

what i did see was beautiful rosy orange leaves and spiky brown clusters (which she said were the former flowers). it covered a slope like a ground cover.

i wish i could post a picture, but my images (jpeg) are too big, even if i save them to a zip folder. any suggetions along those lines? i can post now if i can figure out how to do it. thanks again, very much.

sherry

o

Sherry, here's another site maybe you can match with one here. I'm sure someone here can tell you how to resize your pictures, I have yet to learn that myself.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sedums

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here