Please Help ID This Plant

Posted by Kelby232 6-6b PA (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 10, 13 at 12:49

Please help me ID this plant:

photo photo_zpsc1001136.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please Help ID This Plant

It's a Coleus. There are many varieties, each with a different leaf pattern. Probably someone will soon tell you which variety this one is.

o

It's one of 2,000, but likely a rainbow or wizard mix entity.

o

Thank you very much.

o

pinch off the seed ... now

and as winter goes on.. and it gets leggy and ugly.. being that it roots freely ... like in days... root a new one.. and when it is all potted up and settled in .. throw out the ugly one ...

they are not house plants.. and that is why they tend to get ugly indoors ... but in this case.. to offset that.. you just cycle thru them all winter..

and then put it back outside when all frost is gone.. and the soil warms ....

in march or so.. you could start propagating extras.. to have a bunch ready for going outside ... if you have the room or a fluorescent light ....

in my z5 MI ... it would be very touchy to the window getting real cold at night ....

the other issue for me.. is it will struggle with the forced air furnace.. and lack of humidity in the house ... come jan/feb .. about the time everyone in the family is complaining about dry skin.. go figure ....

all that said.. it is one of the easy garden plants to winter over.... in the house... i am just telling you how to have pretty plants .. rather than ugly ones....

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here