Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help Identify Plant

Posted by scouter06 none (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 28, 13 at 15:56

I inherited this plant and have no idea what it is. Some leaves are developing spots. There are no visible signs of bugs. Any help is appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help Identify Plant

did you recently repot it ...

do you imagine .. if so.. that you stressed it ...

are they all the older leaves??? .. you can see the scale left when old leaves fell off.. are these the next in line...

did the plant move locations... and how did light change ????

does that crock have drainage.. the media looks awful wet ...

ken

o

Thank you for your reply ken -
I have not repotted it. The smaller leaves are new. The leaves grow very large, change to a purply color and then fall off. The plant has not changed locations, except that I rotate it once a week. The crock does have drainage, and the soil is very dark (even when bone dry).
I have no idea what type of plant this is. Should I be concerned about the spots, should I trim the woody stalks?

o

Croton / Codiaeum

o

Thanks Thedecoguy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here