Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Name this plant, please!

Posted by Marcellusk none (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 25, 13 at 17:53

I need to photograph a plant just like this one (attached), but I can't find anyone to tell me its name or where to find it. Can you help me? Thanks a lot!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Name this plant, please!

It looks more like a chrysanthemum flower to me. All be it a strange colour.

o

Do you need the exact plant, or just something similar with a rosette arrangement of leaves or petals for photography project? Because of the water and colour/lighting, it might also "pass" as a lilium before the flower opens when the leaves are tightly bunched , or even an echeveria black knight - though those leaves are much fleshier, I know. If you let us know more about your real need, we can help better, perhaps.

o

Or, as I used to say when I worked at the public library, "What exactly did your teacher say?"

And re. identifying the plant in the original photo, it may also help to know that Marcellusk lives in Brazil.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here