Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tall Yellow Flower Name?

Posted by booboobearbecky Zone 3 (Northern WI) (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 20, 08 at 0:21

Does anyone know what the name of this tall yellow flower is?
It gets about 6 feet tall.
It's a perennial.
The flowers are bright yellow.
It's very hardy in zone 3/4.
It multiplies easily but it's not invasive.
It blooms from mid to late summer.

Thanks.
Becky

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tall Yellow Flower Name?

Rudbeckia laciniata Hortensia

o

giantslug-

Wow that's the second plant you've identified for me in what...a couple of hours? How do you know the names of all these plants? I'm certainly impressed. I read about it on the web after you identified it for me. Common names are Golden Glow and get this...Outhouse Plant (ha ha ha!)

Many thanks to you oh mighty plant ID God or Goddess!
Becky

o

You're welcome, It's nice to know my plant ID'ing skills are appreciated! I have a bit of an obsession with native plants, and a photographic memory for all things nature-related. Also I have a lot of online field guides bookmarked when I need some reference.
Here's a link that may help you with identification of plants in your area.

Here is a link that might be useful: Robert W. Freckmann Herbarium UW Stevens Point

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here