Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help identify mystery Peperomia?!

Posted by tinygardenNYC none (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 29, 12 at 0:46

I saw this lovely Peperomia in a Home Depot, but didn't buy it when I had the chance. Unfortunately it wasn't labeled. The most popular answers from google are Peperomia "Pixie" (I don't think this was right) and P. orba variegata ("Princess Astrid"?), but the squiggly veins on the light leaves don't look like most of the pictures of variegated orbas I've seen. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help identify mystery Peperomia?!

Looks like 'orba variegata'

Heres a link to look at.

o

Sorry, link did not work, here it is....http://forum.giardinaggio.it/piante-dappartamento-tropicali/81724-peperomia.html

o

Thanks, Thedecoguy, much obliged! I had seen that post, and it's definitely the same plant, but that person isn't sure they have it id'ed correctly either and it doesn't look like any of the pictures of variegated orbas I've seen from vendors and elsewhere. They tend to have more of a lemon-lime color scheme with big splotches of variegation. It's those squiggly little veins that set it apart!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here