Is this a Kind of Sow thistle too?please name the smaller plants

maufie
9 years ago

The longer leaves which stays flat on the ground is it a kind of sow thistle

Also can you please name the smaller plants surrounding it, thanks in advance

Comments (5)

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    9 years ago

No it's not a Sow Thistle. Can't name it or the smaller ones because a. they're tiny and b. I don't know the flora of Qatar. But in that quantity they are likely to be blow ins. If you can post when they're bigger maybe we can stand a chance at id. It would also be helpful if you could tell us what you sowed so we can eliminate them from enquiries. I'm still curious about what you medium are growing in. It looks like home made compost in which case it could have all sorts of weeds in it.

• maufie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Dear floral I planted lots of egg plants, few capsicum, sesame seeds, watermelon, goji berries, tomatoes, coriander seeds, avocadoes

Because I water them everyday maybe all the seeds have moved from their original location and also lots of pigeons come and eat the seeds

The soil here is very bad because if very hot climate. Whenever I cook onions I just throw few of the onions outer peels as it is nutritious for plants and also banana peels, there is no homemade compost

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    9 years ago

The seedlings at very top left could possibly be Coriander. The others do not resemble any of the plants you sowed.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    9 years ago

Hi - you can use Google Image search to reference just about any seedlings so you can familiarize yourself with what they should look like - that may help. Simply type the plant name & the word 'seedling' - hope that helps...

Here is a link that might be useful: GoogleImage

• maufie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks dear Floral

Carol the google image is really useful I found few of my seedlings. Never knew this before, lifelong learning.

The pigeons brings lots of seeds as they like to come and play in the water, I do have a bodhi tree growing, courtesy by pigeons,

so you can see all kinds of strange plants growing here in this hot climate because I water them daily and pigeons bring in some strange seeds along with them and drop them while playing here