Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is this?

Posted by myro54 Florida (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 10, 13 at 5:45

I have been trying to identify this plant/tree that I have growing in my garden for about 3 months now and still cannot figure it out. Pretty sure its a tree. I had fallen over (trunk was about 3 inches thick) then branches started to grow vertically from the fallen trunk. So took a bunch of cuttingings and most are rooted and growing. Best I can describe it is leaf is somewhat heartshaped and twisted with little fingers at the ends and has the color or feel of some sorta japanese maple. No fruit nuts or flowers just the leaves. I added pic in here so maybe someone, anyone can help me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is this?

would suggest some cultivar of Acalypha wilkesiana

o

Acalypha wilkesiana "Haleakala"

o

yes, thank you, i looked that up and found a few different varities but also hit it right on the nose. Thank you. I wander if you might be able to help me out one more time.

This plant grows like a climber but I think is a shrub. I wanna call it a popcorn plant but really I have no idea and again not luck with answsering those leaf id apps. See pic...

o

I think your 2nd one is Alternanthera Dentata 'rubra'

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here