10 years ago

Possibly madagascar periwinkle?

• ElliotSwan
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Please help in identifying this plant.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    10 years ago

That would be Catharanthus, my thought too.

• carol23_gw
    10 years ago

The last one looks like Polyscias fruticosa.

• ElliotSwan
    Original Author
    10 years ago

and this tiny seedling here???

• saltcedar
    10 years ago

'Parsley Aralia' Polyscias fruticosa 'Elegans' I believe.

Here is a link that might be useful: Aralia Parsley

• saltcedar
    10 years ago

Solanaceae, possibly Petunia.

• ElliotSwan
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Need an ID on this one too...

• saltcedar
    10 years ago

Dianthus.

• ElliotSwan
    Original Author
    10 years ago

and this one??

• saltcedar
    10 years ago

Callistephus chinensis perhaps?

• ElliotSwan
    Original Author
    10 years ago

wow..thanks for the id's...can you help with this one??

• ElliotSwan
    Original Author
    10 years ago

and this one too

{{!gwi}}

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    10 years ago

refresh my memory.. are we doing your homework?

ken

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    10 years ago

I am thinking the very first is Impatiens niamniamensis rather than Catharanthus roseus.

It is pretty confusing for us listing them one after another in the same thread. It makes it very hard to come back and comment on a previous photo. Perhaps you could put each photo into a new thread so all discussion stays with the relevant plant? Is your location of ID India?

• saltcedar
    10 years ago

Cosmos bipinnatus

• missingtheobvious
    10 years ago

The web country code for India is IN.

The "ID" on the OP's user-page could be the US postal abbreviation for the state of Idaho, or the web country code for Indonesia.

Web country codes:
    http://goes.gsfc.nasa.gov/text/web_country_codes.html

USPS state (and other) codes:
    https://www.usps.com/send/official-abbreviations.htm

• ElliotSwan
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the identification...I am not getting my homework done here...I actually did not know the names of these plants. Reason being they weren't sourced from nurseries. I am located in India. Thank you everyone!!

• surya55_gw
    10 years ago

It's just Ken's way...he doesn't mean any harm.

• missingtheobvious
    10 years ago

Elliot, if you're in India, you might want to change the info on your user-page.

10 years ago

I agree, most will think you're a Hoosier (resident of Indiana, USA.) Not that there's anything wrong with Indiana or any of its' residents, but the advice might be all wrong for your climate.

Nobody appointed or elected me spokesperson for the forum, but your 'thank you' should not hang in mid-air without a 'you're welcome,' so I'm sure everyone involved sends an unsaid 'you're welcome!'

If there are any you are still unsure about, take a new pic & start a new discussion so everyone will know it's a 'new' mystery not to be ignored by those who might think they've already seen all of the pics here.

Generally, do you have access to some kind of potting mix? It looks like dirt from the ground in the pots. It's more difficult to grow great plants that way, even if they are fantastic while growing in that same dirt in the ground. The texture of all fine particles is what causes the trouble. The air gets forced out, so roots no longer access oxygen, and takes too long to dry out. If water is scarce, that may be desirable, a balancing act.

• ElliotSwan
    Original Author
    10 years ago

most of the plants are grown in dirt mixed with cow manure. I also add neem cake and mustard cake manure as well. i do have access to other organic/inorganic fertilizers. Of late I have applied Kelp to my flowering plants and the results so far are good.

• ElliotSwan
    Original Author
    10 years ago

most of the plants are grown in dirt mixed with cow manure. I also add neem cake and mustard cake manure as well. i do have access to other organic/inorganic fertilizers. Of late I have applied Kelp to my flowering plants and the results so far are good.

• pirate_girl
    10 years ago

I suggest that's wayyyyyy tooo much fertilizer. Is it your deliberate plan to love these plants to death?

I would sooner try to amend those soils to make them a bit more friendly. They look dry & cakey from here.

10 years ago

Growing in the ground and growing in a pot are very different things. The methods are not interchangeable, though not everyone has access to separate materials for potted plants and must cope with what is available. Growing in the ground is highly dependent on climate and knowing how to succeed with the type of soil you have. I see both potted plants and some in the ground in these pics. For any that are struggling, it would be best at this point to ask about them (individually) on the most appropriate forum for the type of plant, and/or on the container forum if they are plants in containers. I would again mention that you are in India, not Indiana USA.

• Embothrium
    10 years ago

Dirt doesn't work in most pots because the pot walls don't breathe enough. In the ground there is no pot wall around the plant. Potting soils made for the purpose are much better aerated than actual soil out of the ground, except where the ground happens to be exceptionally well aerated.

• Rey67
    10 years ago

Anyone know what kind of berry this is?

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    10 years ago

Rey67 - your best bet to get an answer is to ask your own new question on a separate thread. And it is always helpful to know where and when the photograph was taken. That makes a difference to the likely candidates.

• dryadella
    10 years ago

The last, Syzygium paniculatum.
    Rgds