o
RE: what plant is this??

Possibly madagascar periwinkle?

o

Please help in identifying this plant.

o

That would be Catharanthus, my thought too.

o

The last one looks like Polyscias fruticosa.

o

and this tiny seedling here???

o

'Parsley Aralia' Polyscias fruticosa 'Elegans' I believe.

Here is a link that might be useful: Aralia Parsley

o

Solanaceae, possibly Petunia.

o

Need an ID on this one too...

o

Dianthus.

o

and this one??

o

Callistephus chinensis perhaps?

o

wow..thanks for the id's...can you help with this one??

o

and this one too

o

refresh my memory.. are we doing your homework?

ken

o

I am thinking the very first is Impatiens niamniamensis rather than Catharanthus roseus.

It is pretty confusing for us listing them one after another in the same thread. It makes it very hard to come back and comment on a previous photo. Perhaps you could put each photo into a new thread so all discussion stays with the relevant plant? Is your location of ID India?

o

Cosmos bipinnatus

o

The web country code for India is IN.

The "ID" on the OP's user-page could be the US postal abbreviation for the state of Idaho, or the web country code for Indonesia.

Web country codes:
http://goes.gsfc.nasa.gov/text/web_country_codes.html

USPS state (and other) codes:
https://www.usps.com/send/official-abbreviations.htm

o

Thanks for the identification...I am not getting my homework done here...I actually did not know the names of these plants. Reason being they weren't sourced from nurseries. I am located in India. Thank you everyone!!

o

It's just Ken's way...he doesn't mean any harm.

o

Elliot, if you're in India, you might want to change the info on your user-page.

o

I agree, most will think you're a Hoosier (resident of Indiana, USA.) Not that there's anything wrong with Indiana or any of its' residents, but the advice might be all wrong for your climate.

Nobody appointed or elected me spokesperson for the forum, but your 'thank you' should not hang in mid-air without a 'you're welcome,' so I'm sure everyone involved sends an unsaid 'you're welcome!'

If there are any you are still unsure about, take a new pic & start a new discussion so everyone will know it's a 'new' mystery not to be ignored by those who might think they've already seen all of the pics here.

Generally, do you have access to some kind of potting mix? It looks like dirt from the ground in the pots. It's more difficult to grow great plants that way, even if they are fantastic while growing in that same dirt in the ground. The texture of all fine particles is what causes the trouble. The air gets forced out, so roots no longer access oxygen, and takes too long to dry out. If water is scarce, that may be desirable, a balancing act.

o

most of the plants are grown in dirt mixed with cow manure. I also add neem cake and mustard cake manure as well. i do have access to other organic/inorganic fertilizers. Of late I have applied Kelp to my flowering plants and the results so far are good.

o

most of the plants are grown in dirt mixed with cow manure. I also add neem cake and mustard cake manure as well. i do have access to other organic/inorganic fertilizers. Of late I have applied Kelp to my flowering plants and the results so far are good.

o

I suggest that's wayyyyyy tooo much fertilizer. Is it your deliberate plan to love these plants to death?

I would sooner try to amend those soils to make them a bit more friendly. They look dry & cakey from here.

o

Growing in the ground and growing in a pot are very different things. The methods are not interchangeable, though not everyone has access to separate materials for potted plants and must cope with what is available. Growing in the ground is highly dependent on climate and knowing how to succeed with the type of soil you have. I see both potted plants and some in the ground in these pics. For any that are struggling, it would be best at this point to ask about them (individually) on the most appropriate forum for the type of plant, and/or on the container forum if they are plants in containers. I would again mention that you are in India, not Indiana USA.

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Thu, Dec 19, 13 at 22:45

Dirt doesn't work in most pots because the pot walls don't breathe enough. In the ground there is no pot wall around the plant. Potting soils made for the purpose are much better aerated than actual soil out of the ground, except where the ground happens to be exceptionally well aerated.

o

Anyone know what kind of berry this is?

o

Rey67 - your best bet to get an answer is to ask your own new question on a separate thread. And it is always helpful to know where and when the photograph was taken. That makes a difference to the likely candidates.

o

The last, Syzygium paniculatum.
Rgds

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here