Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
nameless plant

Posted by imcheetah Vancouver, WA (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 18, 13 at 21:53

Hello everyone;

Here is a picture of the plant (in the background) I would like to identify.
It grows in the NW corner of my back yard, very neglected and never needing anything except for occasional watering. It always looks amazing. It has elongated bright lighter colored leaves, and blooms with little insignificant flowers followed by red berries. It never grew over 3' tall/wide. I need the name so I can get more plants like this.
Really appreciate your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: nameless plant

Ternstroemia gymnanthera?

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 18, 13 at 23:58

Skimmia.

o

Yes, Skimmia. The one next door to here in a rather neglected yard always looks decent.

o

Thank you so much everyone. The name does ring a bell.

o

Have you noticed the fragrance of the flowers, imcheetah? It flowers in late winter here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here