Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
val438

Power of Prayer

val438
17 years ago

I haven't been here in ages, because as soon as I get on the forum, it loses my info and I have to constantly log in.

(so irritating)

Judybird emailed me tonite.

Her DH had emergency surgery today and he/she both could benefit from our prayers and good thoughts.

Judy is such a special gal and I really care about her.

I thought I'd check to see if there was a post on his condition and that's what brought me here tonite.

Please keep them in your prayers.

Thanks

V

Comments (22)

• Driftless Roots
    17 years ago

I'll be thinking of them and hoping for the best.

• ntgerald
    17 years ago

I hope Judy's DH is well.

And you too, Alberta.

• albertan
    17 years ago

Val-thanks for letting us know.

Judybird: you are both included in my prayers. I am a prime example of the power of prayers. I hope the surgery was successful and recovery is speedy and uneventful.

gtgerald--thanks. This old bag of bones is doing quite well. Life is good!

• val438
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Amen Alberta, you certainly are a prime example of the power of prayers.
    Judy wrote early this morning.
    Her DH is off the ventilator, waking up and asking appropriate questions about his condition,
    taking ice chips and cracking (bad) jokes. She sounds better too.
    Thanks for the good thoughts for this great couple.
    You guys are the best.

• turkeytaker
    17 years ago

Glad to hear that they're both doing well. Hoping for the best! Stacy

• sunita
    17 years ago

Glad to hear that Judy's DH is better after his surgery ! Must be such a relief for her.
    Ice chips ?

• Driftless Roots
    17 years ago

Glad to hear the good news.

Hey, Alberta: do you have a culture sheet or something that tells how to properly maintain an old bag of bones? I hope to become one some day ;)

• albertan
    17 years ago

Culture sheet? Let's see. Procrastinate. If you leave important things to do tomorrow, SURELY you will wake up to do them that absolutely NEED doing. And if they don't need doing, leave them until tomorrow. Ad finitem.

Cultivate friends as you would your most precious plants. Friendship has no blooming season and will adapt to any growing conditions.

Retain a sense of humor. It may be the only sense you have at all.

Find a minute here and there to pray for your fellow men and women.

Take life as it is dished out to you with a smile. A smile is painless and sure makes life easier for those around you. And never never never give up!

Wow! I have been serious long enough! Luv ya all!

• val438
    Original Author
    17 years ago

That's so cute, Shady. Ditto on the bag o'bones.
    Alberta,
    You certainly are a humorist in this current life : )
    I know that you were a nurse in an earlier life, but you should have been a writer or a preacher.
    You really have a way with words and always know what to say.

• albertan
    17 years ago

Aw, shucks, Val. You're only sayin' that cuz it's true. (Head hangin', feet shufflin'!!)

I have a lot of time to sit and contemplate. (And the fuzz in the navel gets boring.)

• michigoose
    17 years ago

oh! My...if the key to a long life is procrastination, then I'm bound to live forever! :)

Keep us posted on the JB dh Val... Lis

• tuezday1
    17 years ago

Yes, if the key to long life is procrastination, I too will live forever (not sure I want to though).

I truly hope Judy's hubby is coming along well.

Thanks for letting us know Val.

Laura

• ladybug_ok
    17 years ago

Val, thanks for the information on Judy's dh! I had NO idea. (I've been out of the loop too long!) Glad to hear he's alert and responding. Please keep the news flowing.

Alberta, you sly one, you. Keeping all those secrets to yourself! lol

The new folks here have no idea what a true treasure you are to all of us. But that post of yours will give them a glimmer of just how special you are! (hehe The cat's outta the bag now! ;) )

Maggie

• val438
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Just read a note from Judybird.
    DH had the chest tubes (and others) removed on Monday.
    There is a chance for discharge home tomorrow.
    I'll keep you posted.
    She is thankful for the prayers, concern and good thoughts sent their way.
    I'm happy there was something we could do besides worry.

Maggie! You think YOU'VE been outta the loop.
    I haven't been here in about 2 years!
    Talk about being a procrastinator, hehe.
    I don't think we ever let THAT old cat back INTO the bag ; )

• Judybird2014
    17 years ago

HEY, everyone, thank you & sweet Val, we sure needed all the prayers and well wishes last week. Stent of 8 yrs clogged up and he had a heart attack, flat lined 3 times, then they couldn't get him on the bypass machine because his BP kept dropping off the charts, touch and go there for awhile. Brought him home yesterday, pretty good 2 days, percolating on percocet;-)

• turkeytaker
    17 years ago

Sounds like a pretty rough ride. I'm glad to hear you've got him home, though!

Stacy

• albertan
    17 years ago

Great news! Hope the next few weeks are totally BORING! You have both had enough scarey excitement for a while. Sending a few bonus prayers just because.

• sambac
    17 years ago

Judy, glad things turned out ok, rough ride indeed. Sunita, ice chips- little cubes of ice, they start of with it, prior to diet advancement post operatively.

• ladybug_ok
    17 years ago

Thank heavens all is turning out well, Judy! He's got a great nurse now, too. :) Be sure to take care of yourself as well. Hugs.

Maggie

• val438
    Original Author
    17 years ago

There you are, Judy.
    Thanks for the updates when I'm sure you didn't have the energy to write.
    Glad he's home now in YOUR care and out of the hospital. (You can get sick staying in one of those places!)
    Splurge and have a nice glass of wine this weekend and rest up after a LONG ordeal.
    All the best...

• Driftless Roots
    17 years ago

I'm glad to hear he (and you!) are home now.

• Judybird2014
    17 years ago

He's doing so much better; walking up and down the driveway now, probably out for a month or so, altho he's already back on the phone, no stopping that unless I hide it outside.

Worst thing about the whole experience: his obvious pain while they were determining if indeed it was heart trouble.

Best thing: (except for them saving his LIFE), everyone, white, black, every single person in the cardio ICU waiting room, strangers to me going in, waiting with me, patting me, praying for Robert, holding my hand, they were all so concerned.. (nurses had told them and their loved ones waiting for surgery that Robert had flat lined several times and he was really lucky), quite a bonding experience with several people there and many are calling about him everyday. humans; as soon as I'm about to give up on them, they do something like that.

as always, my advice, mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be football players;-)
    (their poor wives suffer the consequences far down the road!)