Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clintdawley

Did Daniel Vosovic's Dress Look Like an Orchid to You?

clintdawley
18 years ago

Okay...

Anyone catch Runway last night?

Well...Daniel chose a white phal as his inspiration for a dress he made. I didn't quite follow what he was trying to do. The top and the skirt really didn't make me think phal. What did you guys think?

I really liked Andre's dress. I could have understood it without asking him any questions. The dress was elegant. I was also really impressed that he was inspired by something that the average person would not have thought twice about--a gutter with dirty water.

I'm glad Zulema got the axe. Her red dress didn't even fit the model's boobs and looked like she could have bought it off the rack.

I think that Kara Janx could be in real trouble next week.

OH! ...and the one time Santino could have been himself (grafitti inspired dress), he chose to tone it down...Hmm..Do you guys think he'll make the finals?

Comments (4)

• shannon_widmer
    18 years ago

I could *kind of* see what Daniel was trying to do. The top was trying to mimic the full roundness of the white phal flower and the skirt was very sleek and plain like the bloom spike. That said, I still think Andrae should have won. In comparing his dress to his photo I could immediately "get it." Plus, he definitely made $100 look like a million.

I was cheering when Zulema got the axe. Serves her right for the drama she caused with the models. I also think Kara is next, but you never know. As for Santino, if he does make the finals it is only because he makes for good TV.

• Driftless Roots
    18 years ago

I didn't think Daniel's dress particularly "looked" like the orchid (a ho-hum Phalaenopsis) but I really liked the dress anyway. Andrae's was really great, too and I wouldn't have been surprised if the judges had awarded a tie. In fact, they should have since winning the individual competitions doesn't mean a thing in the end.

Yeah, Zulema's really fell short but I was sure Kara was going to get the boot for her jersey yawn. Zulema's dress would have fit fine had the model been born with four boobs.

I lost a lot of respect for Nick during his whole post-model-theft drama episode. Please. It's a competition and you just DEAL. Girlina, Please. I loved it when Tim said the dumped model looked like an elongated marshmallow.

Looks like they're setting it up for Tim to catch Santino impersonating him next week. Damn right I'll tune in!!

• clintdawley
    Original Author
    18 years ago

There more I think about Daniel's dress the more I don't like it. The top looks like a potato sack fitted with spandex at the neckline and waist.

• Driftless Roots
    18 years ago

Just watched the end of that episode again. I think Daniel's top has potential but a little more work is needed. Maybe rein it in a little more so it looks more like a collar.

Also, when Nick gave Daniel the full-on kiss after Daniel went back stage it really chapped my chappables. He's mine, dammit or at least Andrae's. I'm really starting to dislike Nick.

Did you go to the Bravo site by any chance and see the video of Santino impersonating Tim singing Nine Inch Nails' "Closer?" It's got value.