Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
komi_gw

mad propagator (not a food thread)

komi
18 years ago

just flickring through some tags and realizing I have a ridiculous number of photos of plant propagation. ('scuse me for being too lazy to clean up the html.....)

{{gwi:133595}}{{gwi:133597}}{{gwi:133599}}{{gwi:133600}}

{{gwi:133601}}{{gwi:133603}}{{gwi:133604}}{{gwi:133605}}{{gwi:133606}}{{gwi:133607}}

{{gwi:133608}}{{gwi:133610}}{{gwi:133612}}{{gwi:133613}}

{{gwi:133614}}

Comments (16)

• ginnibug
    18 years ago

Komi, I find them very intriguing. But that is probably because I love starting my own seeds for the spring garden. Sad that I won't be able to do that for a couple years. But as soon as the kids are old enough to get the concept and help without killng everything...then we'll have some fun!gb

• michigoose
    18 years ago

Wow, the stapeliads are really interesting....fantastic...

• Driftless Roots
    18 years ago

Very cool! I probably shouldn't admit this, but now that I have extra room in my orchid growing area I've reverted to starting some seeds and fern spores. I used to be a propagatin' fool; I would sow every seed I found and stick big flats full of cuttings. Now it's hard to show some restraint but I need to save some room for all the Paph and Cyp seedlings I've got coming.

Thanks for showing us your stuff!

• komi
    Original Author
    18 years ago

hi gb! hope you and the baby are well, and yDH and the other two too. pumkins and beans are goooooood.

• ginnibug
    18 years ago

I'm thinkin ,yes the pumpkins will be fun and maybe an assortment of sunflowers. And my girl LOVES broccoli, plus they eat cherry tomatoes like candy,so that is a good starting point. I think they will really get a kick out off helping with meals by going out and gathering the food for the meals. :) One of my fav seed catalogs is "Totally Tomatoes", so much variety! gb

• ginnibug
    18 years ago

I'm thinkin ,yes the pumpkins will be fun and maybe an assortment of sunflowers. And my girl LOVES broccoli, plus they eat cherry tomatoes like candy,so that is a good starting point. I think they will really get a kick out off helping with meals by going out and gathering the food for the meals. :) One of my fav seed catalogs is "Totally Tomatoes", so much variety! gb

• komi
    Original Author
    18 years ago

ohhhhhh whoooopsie. It took only 4 posts to land in the food mire. Arthur would be proud.

broccolli!?! wow! Cherry tomatoes - I might give them some space this year. hmmmmm....

• arthurm
    18 years ago

Is my girl , a liitle girl? In that case it would be amazing. A child eating broccoli.

Cherry Tomatoes, have one bush left of all the tomato plants planted plus one planted in a pot with potting soil. Nematodes? bronze wilt. who knows, but i can always grow spinach (swiss chard).

Some people have green thumbs. Most sunshine December ever, 10.4 hours of sunshine per day and the drought continue. A rainy, rainy day would be most welcome.

Actually, there is not much food stuff in the "think you know everything thread".

One plant that seems to like the drought is crepe mrytle. Sorry, i'll belt myself for not looking up the proper name. And oh dread, My mother in laws franjipanni (still being lazy) is just thinking about blooming and it will drop flowers all over her lawn and she will have to rake them up . The horror of it all.

• arthurm
    18 years ago

Here is a collage of stuff. Australian native plants. Some strange flowers from Madagascar. Cute possum. Cute like strellils if they get in your roof and eat everything in your garden..... and two native orchids. No i didn't take the pictures, nor did i make the collage. Sorry, you have to click the link to view.

Here is a link that might be useful: various stuff

• thekomidesert
    18 years ago

that's a really nice collage. Australia is amazing - would love to do an orchid holiday out there one day.

(btw, I am one of those that got booted and re-reg'd. what's with the tech probs?)

• arthurm
    18 years ago

i do not know whats with the tech. problems but once long ago when i was a Systems Analyst we used to do old fashioned things like systems testing.

Now they get a "tecko" in to fiddle cross fingers and hope. But i must say i'm amazed at the posts over on the discussions page.

As for going to some of those other places...one you need activity and two you have to like the people there.

Hopefully, everything will return to normal soon.

• cbrf4irider
    18 years ago

Welcome back, Arthur! I missed you ;)

• lunaticvulpine
    18 years ago

Arthur. those are some amazing plants you guys have out there down under.. what is the weird pod looking thing and the big black kewl star flower thing? BTW those a are some reall nice pics youve taken. and your possums sure look a lot.... nicer? then ours...

Komi i have some kinda wierd ant plant if you want me to make a cutting i can but i have no clue on propagatting them.. i bought it from...Black jungle?
    i just dont have a tag for it. i think it might be some kinda pepperomia or not.

• michigoose
    18 years ago

Arthur, are these your sons shots? They're quite fun and very nicely done! Glad to have you back and me too! I was missing you guys...Nothing like making me lurk and keep my fingers still!

• cbrf4irider
    18 years ago

Yay Lisa! We're getting the band back together, man!

• arthurm
    18 years ago

ID should be changed to thekomigreenthumb. Anyone who can grow African Violet relatives is a genius. Also, should do a bit of research before i post, those strange looking Cerapegia come mostly from South Africa.

Posted the collage to keep on topic. Bushland plants from the National Parks around Sydney and stuff from my son's garden.

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022