Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clintdawley

Project Runway Last Night

clintdawley
18 years ago

Okay, did Nick not look so damned precious that you could just DIE? Pink is such his color and I was so sad to see him leave last night...he should have known! Who chooses soft light fabric for a suit? Have you ever seen guy pants w/o pockets? A men's blazer w/o buttons or a closure?

I understood Daniel's vision for Chloe, but the leather-esque bodice was poorly made and didn't flatter her boobs. I didn't think it fit right at all and at least Michael caught the nasty hem! I think he coasted last night.

Santino's jump suit was a TRAVESTY! ICK! If he keeps that up, he should leave next week and not be in the final three at Fashion Week.

Kara's was simply made, but Santino for sure.

What did you guys think?

Comments (5)

• Driftless Roots
    18 years ago

I thought Daniel had the right idea for Chloe but it was just a little off. That gal cleans up good!! But Chloe's outfit for Nick? I thought it looked good on him but had a very yawny ready-to-wear look. Come to think of it all but the jumpsuit and puckery suit did. Did Daniel coast? I don't know. But I wasn't overly impressed. Kara's bit for Santino was x-lent but WTF with that jumpsuit! As the only pair doing each others they had a weird dynamic going on; Kara was all upset about Santino's creation? Please! It's a competition! She should have been delighted that it fell apart and looked like crap!

I predict Kara or Santino should be the next to go. They may keep Santino just so they have a Wendy Pepper-esque "evil" person for the final three.

• clintdawley
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I agree. Nick's was a bit too prete-a-porte, but it seems men's clothing is more geared towards that.

I could count the stiches in the puckery suit.

If I were Kara I would have tried to rip that sleeve off even more while I was on the catwalk.

• kwmackdog
    18 years ago

i caught last nights show.... a lackluster final three. we shall see if they can whip up some creativity.better stuff at jc penny! jay last years winner was a home grown valley kid, maybe that was the charm?

• Driftless Roots
    18 years ago

Indeed, save for Santino's "explosion in a sequin factory" it looked like they were all running for mayor of dullsville.

Notice how they built it up that Chloe would be cut for not wanting it as bad as the others and then abruptly giving Kara the kissoff?

The reunionish party was a bit odd. I may be going out on a limb here, but I think Austin might be gay.

• clintdawley
    Original Author
    18 years ago

If Austin is not gay, then neither am I.

I don't know..I just hated Santino's dress. He does all of this asymmetrical neckline stuff that just looks like a 5 year old tried to sew a collar on.

I think everyone was trying to give the judges what they thought they wanted rather that what they would actually do. Kara's dress that she was wearing was more interesting than the one she designed. Chloe looked to Carolina Herrera for inspiration (I'm glad Iman noticed that), Daniel's looked like something Calvin Klein or Donna Karan would have done...all and all..it was a BLAH night.

Can't wait to see the finals...God I hope Santino doesn't win..I loved it when Jay said to him "I hope you get axed".

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County