Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cbarry_gw

How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

cbarry
18 years ago

How many group members does it takes to change a light bulb?

One to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

Five to flame the spell checkers.

Three to correct spelling/grammar flames.

Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"...

Another six to condemn those six as stupid.

Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the correct spelling.

Nineteen to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum.

Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use light bulbs and there fore the posts are relevant to this group.

Thirty six to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL.

Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

Five to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

Four to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

Thirteen to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

Three to tell a funny story about their show cat and a light bulb.

AND

One lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now with something unrelated they found at snopes.com and start the crap all over again!!!!!!

Nah, we're not that bad, are we?

Carolyn

Comments (15)

• clairewags
    18 years ago

That is funny stuff Carolyn! Don't forget about User name/real name corrections. :)

There are a few fourms that feel uncomfortable asking questions here. But then again, I don't remember the last time someone posted here saying that they just got a nasty personal email from another person on the forum over what was posted on one of those blow up threads. Got all that?

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    18 years ago

I did once. Very odd.

OK, I am very, very offended by this whole post and will never post or trade or talk to anyone again. (sniff, sniff, sniff)

I did find another place today. It's not too bad.

• cbarry
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Aw, Kev. You don't see yourself described there do you?

So 'fess up, where've you been?

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    18 years ago

Actually I do or at least have thought about doing a few of those things. I think I've told folks to Google a few times when they've asked others to post pictures or whatever of stuff they could easily find on their own.

Haven't done the cat thing. We all know about my relationship with those creatures.

I was invited to check out the Species Specific Forum, so am giving that a try. Don't want to get booted by posting a link, but it's easy to find with Mr. Google. In reality, I'm not that motivated to become a big poster anywhere right now, but everyone should have at least one other place to mess around from time to time.

• cbarry
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Found it! Thanks!

• varmint
    18 years ago

Kevin you hussy!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! (But you always come back home, dontcha!)
    -Mimi

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    18 years ago

I think I've decided to have dual citizenship. I can't leave this place.

• Driftless Roots
    18 years ago

Purse-nelly I feel it's important to share myself widely on the interwebnetline. But we've discussed that before. I'll now be checking out The Species Specific Forum even though they also include hybrids ;)

http://www.species-specific.com/orchid-forum/

Who runs that place?

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    18 years ago

I haven't figured that out and might ask if I feel brave. There are a few people there I like from the UK Forum, so that's kind of why I decided to join. You can usually count on someone knowing something about odd little plants no one else grows.

• tuezday1
    18 years ago

Actually, the correct term for lightbulb is LAMP.

• cbarry
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Why are you yelling about a 'lamp'?

• Driftless Roots
    18 years ago

While lamp may be the preferred, more technical sounding term for some, it can also apply to non-electrical lighting sources that burn oils derived from petroleum, plant and animal products. Light bulb is more specific and so should be used to avoid confusion among newbies trying to grow orchids under a coleman lamp.

• Driftless Roots
    18 years ago

Regarding Species Specific, it's run by a guy named Bill Hunter in Ireland. His "about us" page is here

http://www.species-specific.com/about.html

• tuezday1
    18 years ago

I'm yelling because the whole joke is technically incorrect.

It should be 'how many forum members does it take to change a lamp?'

There is one in every crowd/forum, eh?

• cat80
    18 years ago

Very funny, Carolyn! Aren't we just a happy "family"??? lol... anyways, don't mean to hijack your post, Carolyn, but Species-Specific forum is a pretty neat thing!!! Actually, I've visited "that site" many times for Orchid Culture, just never check-out their forum... I like their format as well... Thanks, Kev and Shady for introduce us to it, I *do* like this place a lot, but dual citizenship might not be a bad idea, right?
    cat80

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz