Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cbarry_gw

So it's my b-day and I'm cooking...

cbarry
16 years ago

Mac & cheese, 'Annies Creamy Deluxe Elbows Four Cheese Sauce' to be exact.

The party was last night (full roast beef dinner with smashed 3-potatoes, spaghetti squash, and green bean, sauteed mushrooms, with red bell peppers). So while I'd rather Chinese food right now, I'm also too loaded to drive to go get it. And I don't like delivery. So home cookin' it is.

And, mac 'n' cheese fits the bill in my house at almost 9 tonite.

What's everyone else up to, to celebrate my b-day with me?

Carolyn

Comments (8)

• komi
    16 years ago

Well, you can bet Mike is gorging on exotic fruits for you!

Happy B-day!

• whitecat8
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday, Carolyn! Sounds like a nice party. And it makes perfect sense that you'd want something simple the night after.

Did you get any orchids - from others or yourself?

In honor of the day, I'm having a glass of plum wine and just sent off an application for a job that sounds terrific.

Raising my glass to you....

Whitecat8

• Driftless Roots
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday!! We celebrated with Tyler Florence's shredded beef tacos and margaritas.

• scott361
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday, Carolyn!!!

• cbarry
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone!

WC8 - No, no orchid gifts, but I wouldn't want to ship any at this time of the year. Just too expensive to ship and too nerve-wrecking until they arrive! Besides, I'm still on my orchid reduction campaign. I already have at least 10 on the list to go. It seems as if almost every time I water I find 1 or 2 that move a little closer to the door. But I do have my eye on a couple of phrags, maybe come spring....

Plum wine? Sounds yummy!

Carolyn

• chryss
    15 years ago

Happy UN-Birthday Carolyn !!!

I'm relatively new here and just happened to notice that your BD is VERY close to mine !!! Mine is the 21st of Feb ! Since moving to MD in '92 I've managed to discover THREE other people with the same EXACT BD as me !!! Don't let him know I told you but Stitz is the newest one I found !!!

Chryss

• cbarry
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow, I was surprised to see this thread re-emerge!

A very happy un-birthday to you too Chryss! As a Feb 21 baby, you're an Aries? Feb 17/18 is typically the cut-off for Aquarius. Gee, no wonder watering day is my favorite day!

Carolyn

• chryss
    15 years ago

NO, 17/18 IS the cut off for Aquarius and the start up for Pisces !! I'm "on the cusp" as they say ! I'm into water also, especially if it has fish in it !!

Have you seen my 'baby' Den. Rainbow Dance ?? I'm trying SO hard to keep the blooms up for ONE more week !!! My two orchid club meets are next Sunday and Monday !! It's the "Den. Rainbow Dance (43 blooms and 5 buds)" posting. It was a keiki given me 2 years ago and this is its first bloom !!

Chryss