Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lunaticvulpine

my luck just sucks

lunaticvulpine
17 years ago

soooo on thursday when we decided to take a trip to vegas i was having bad luck at the slots XD(which isnt unusual for me) but i decided to forgo playing any cards. on our way back i had this horrible feeling that something was wrong,2 hrs later we get in and when i open the front door im greeted to a blast of hot air and steam and fumes the house..atleast the kitchen and living room and part of he hall way was torched XD sooo now i temporarily live in a hotel room. lol and the most positive thing i can think at the moment is....at least the orchids are ok. well not really the power is off and so is the water XD well thats my horrible weekend at a glance also im glad this didnt happen while we were in the house and everyu one is safe

Gaston

Comments (9)

• michigoose
    17 years ago

Torched? Like how? What exactly happened? Funny how that inner mind works...

• cbarry
    17 years ago

Gaston,

Oh dear! Yes, please what happened?! At least you all are OK.

Carolyn

• lunaticvulpine
    Original Author
    17 years ago

well as far as ive heard its a result of faulty wiring and gas? which is really wierd and what not but now for the juicy...charred details XD. every thing in the kitchen was lit up. every thing else was more or less smoke and damaged or atleast thats what i thought. a contractor came today and said that some how there was asbestos from the fire. also they will have to gut the house as a result of water damage... im very scarred because i ahve to ask some one who grow orchids simi comercially to look after my plants. but as far as im concerned this guy really ait all that great. plus he only handles warm growers which sucks for me cause ive been working on getting cool and intermediates to bloom. any who they said between 3-4 months but mom said it might take up to six which is really bad. the up side is that they are going to bring in a specialty cleaning crew to remove all the crap and what ever else got into the house and its furniture... plus were getting an entirely new cooling system which makes me happy =D and maybe some new counter tops lol XD

any ways
    Gaston

• Driftless Roots
    17 years ago

Oh, man! That does suck. I'm glad no-one was hurt but what a pain in the butt. Did you have any damage to your graphics stuff? That would really be awful to lose all that work.

• michigoose
    17 years ago

Are you a member of an orchid society? I mean, maybe you can get someone from there to take your orchids for a bit....

Now, do YOU have a place to stay?

• garlicgrower
    17 years ago

Gaston: you have my sympathy. (I always have a fear of going out and coming back to a fire.)
    Is this a house your family owns, or is it a rental?
    Insurance should help out, but certainly is more than just an incovenience. But you are all alive - correct?

Faulty wiring is a real possibility - I know someone whose house went to the ground - and the fire was spontaneous - not even a light left on.

Well, just know folks are thinking about your (and your orchids' ) well-being.
    Best wishes for a speedy clean-up.
    Maryanne in WMass

• turkeytaker
    17 years ago

I think that qualifies as more than sucky luck!

Glad to hear no one was hurt and that all of your plants are okay. I think a fire is a huge fear for everyone.

Good luck with the cleaning crews and recovery.

Stacy

• lunaticvulpine
    Original Author
    17 years ago

thanks every one were(chids included)are fine.

Shady i was very lucky the fire didnt get past the hallway
    according to the insurance fire incestigator he said the fire rtan out of oxygen and went out

Michi
    ive been kinda reluctant to rejoin the OS out here XD but i might be able to write to some one and get some help but like i said the guy that lives closest wo me kinda reeks when it comes to orchid care. every chid i bought from him had some kinda infestation.. but i think the chids will make it ' ill have to make atleast 1 stop a week to the house to water. other tyhen that every thing will be alright

any ways more later XD

Gaston

• picotee_sofl
    17 years ago

Yow! So sorry, Gaston. Glad you and family are safe and hope the orchids will hang in there. Fire scares the ..... out of me. Good luck with the orchids and clean-up and hope you are home again soon!

Marci

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County