Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
orchidnick

Being 'modern' can backfire

orchidnick
13 years ago

Ordered some last minute Pleiones from a nursery yesterday. Filled out their 'order form' and then was instructed to print the form, include a check and mail it to them. Have they never heard of PayPal, credit cards, email ordering? Are these people stuck in the middle ages? This is pretty funny coming from some one who is stuck in the past when it comes to electronic gadgetry. I can't program my VCR, download my camera or do much of anything with my computer other than basic things.

I do however proudly utilize electronic banking, the 24 hour self serve postal service and the email. As a result I no longer have a check book having used my last check 3 years ago and never found a reason to order another one. I also have no stamps at home, haven't needed one for a long time. Incidentally, I don't have a land line either, when I loose my cell phone, I feel like I'm stranded on the South Pole since I don't know anyone's phone number, don't know the time of day or the date without looking at my cell phone.

As a result of me trying to be modern, I had to go to the post office to get a money order and a stamp in order to mail my order. Stood in line for 1/2 an hour in a line up that looked like it came from Walmart!

Oh well, being modern cuts both ways.

Nick

Comments (2)