Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michigoose_gw

Blogging

michigoose
15 years ago

I was just wondering who here has blogs. I just started 2. Sunita has a fabu one with lots of followers.

I've also been struggling to put pictures where I want and to try to let some folks (people I don't know) know that the blog is there (the BC blog).

Any clues?

Comments (6)

• arthurm
    15 years ago

Maybe blogs are the reason that this conversations page has declined?

I haven't got a blog and do not want one. Have trouble writing enough stuff to pad out the monthly orchid society bulletin when it is a bit thin.

Just googled BC Blog and cannot see anything there that might belong to you.

Blogs are great if you have a hobby where you create something and you can track the creation process.

• michigoose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good point Arthur. Here's the general blog...the Breast Cancer shows up on my profile. There's soooo much stuff out there if you google breast cancer, that I'm not sure you'd ever find it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Michigoose Blog

• arthurm
    15 years ago

Hi Lisa, lovely blog that should be more widely read.

Perhaps you need tags on your pics???

What am i talking about? Click on the first two pics on the blog in the link to view the tags. Haven't a clue what those art tags mean but amateur artists might.

No doubt there are tags peculiar to every hobby. Anyway the theory is that tags let people find your pics and they might view your profile and from there view your blog.

Here is a link that might be useful: Alyshia's blog

• Driftless Roots
    15 years ago

I've been blogging for years but it didn't do much for me until I stopped limiting myself in content -- used to be all orchids/orchid conservation. Now I have a few more readers since I've broadened the scope but not many commenters. OK, yeah, I accidentally had it set so one had to register to comment, but that's fixed now. Comments are where it's at, baby! So I've been making a point of commenting on others' blogs when appropriate. I'm adding yours to my page of feeds so I can follow it. What is the URL for Sunita's?

Here is a link that might be useful: Shady Character Blog

• michigoose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Way to go Shady! Love your food posts as always...and the birds as well. Funny, just before I read your blog, I was thinking about doing a bird post...

If you have any tips or suggestions, I'd love to hear them. I'm still struggling with the uploading of pictures....the fact that they all clump together and then you have to pull and push them where they need to be is disconcerting.

I also need to know more about how to put links and stuff in....

Here is a link that might be useful: Sunita's LOVELY blog

• lunaticvulpine
    15 years ago

I tried blogging but i always let things slip so if i start one i'll need to make a schedual for it.. i did just get a twitter account so i might use that as my gate way to the blogosphere..

Shady that A.konjack is scary in a neat sort of way

Gaston