Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clintdawley

Project Runway Finale Tonight!

clintdawley
18 years ago

I'm too excited. I can't wait to watch tonight and comment tomorrow ;)

Comments (16)

• Driftless Roots
    18 years ago

I'm looking forward to it, too. Last night I finally got to see the post-reunion/pre-finale episode that I had somehow missed since it wasn't adequately promoted (bad Bravo!) At this point it looks like it could go to any of the three.

And what's this business of Debra Messing as the celebrity judge? I guess it's a step up from Parker Posey. Why not a designer?

• clintdawley
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yeah. How about luscious Tom Ford? (I have such bad thoughts about that man.) Anyway...

I'm worried about Daniel V.--from what I saw of his line it lacks the "pizazz factor" of this other work...

Santino's stuff looks surprisingly good. (The one dress I saw did, anyway..)

I'm worried about Chloe as well. Those sleeves! Travesty!

• Driftless Roots
    18 years ago

Yeah, I can't imagine what that first, shiny thing she pulled off the rack is going to look like on a model.

I can't decide if it's evidence of the editing these shows do or what, but it seems like there's been some tweaks to the way Daniel and Santino come off personally. Daniel seems to be a little more full of himself than he was during the regular part of the season when he was mr. perfect annointed boy. And Santino seems softer and more likable. I think he was genuinely contrite about how he (appeared to?) treated Chloe earlier. Maybe they're evening the playing field so there's less of a clear choice, at least for elimination as with Witchy Wendy last year.

I've always loved Chloe as a person and hearing her refugee story really clinched it. "Yeah, they put us in a family prison."

• Driftless Roots
    18 years ago

Chloe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• shannon_widmer
    18 years ago

Chloe indeed! I love her, but I wasn't all that wowed by her collection. I just did not understand the poofy sleeves.

Clint, I totally agree about Tom Ford. *Yummy*

• clintdawley
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I was kind of uninspired guys...I don't know..some of each of their pieces was really nice and some were horrible and tired. I was torn...

• Driftless Roots
    18 years ago

There wasn't much wow, I agree.

This morning I was looking again at the NYT article with the picture of that poufy-sleeved one Chloe led off with and I think it would be improved with a different fabric choice. What she used just didn't drape so it just screamed upholstery.

Tim Gunn is single and believes he's destined to stay that way. That's just sad. He believed some BS a psychic told him. I'd like to find that psychic and give him or her a swift kick in the butt. But then I guess if Tim's going to buy into that whole BS flim-flam scam it's partly his fault as well.

• mdahms1979
    18 years ago

My boyfriend has faithfully watched every episode and even gone as far as to download the less exciting show from the U.K. He went to school for fashion design but after a while he gave up on it because of the whole cut throat attitude in the industry. People are exceedingly fake and it really did not match his demeanor.

I have yet to watch the last episode but from what he told me I will definitely have to check it out. I personally was rooting for Daniel but I will have to see what they came up with for their lines.

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    18 years ago

I think you guys need to watch more football. (hehehe)

K

• Driftless Roots
    18 years ago

You're joking, right? I mean, the cut of those uniforms have hardly changed at all in the last five years. And who in their right mind commits to the same color pallete every season?!?! Please.

And, helloooooooo the shadow goes OVER the eyes!

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    18 years ago

Well if the uniforms bother you that much, just pretend the players don't have them on. Problem solved. Right?

• mdahms1979
    18 years ago

The only reason I would watch football would be for the uniforms. I certainly wouldn't be watching the ball. lol

• clintdawley
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Don't you mean "what's IN the uniforms"?

• mdahms1979
    17 years ago

LOL, Clint of course I mean what's in the uniforms. I am definitely not interested in the clothes.

• Driftless Roots
    17 years ago

Would you believe I dreamt last night that I met Chloe Dao? I tried to convince her to do a full menswear line.

• clintdawley
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'd buy me some Chloe! Wait..that's already taken. I guess the label would have to be Dao..or CD or something.

I have a friend in Houston that now frequents her store.. ;)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022