Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chickadeedeedee

What Do Northern Ohio People Do ....

chickadeedeedee
14 years ago

... with all that *extra* snow? Build an EXTRA large snowman! :-)
{{gwi:133878}}

Comments (17)

• stitzelweller
    14 years ago

if I had only known, chickadeedeedee .... 5 weeks ago!

The snow from the twin blizzzards of February is nearly melted :-(

--Stitz--

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Cheer up! There will be other blizzards. :-)

• cjwatson
    14 years ago

Very, very neat. We can send him some snow flurries from Florida to use as dandruff on his shoulders if you would like.

• ginnibug
    14 years ago

Oh about snow!! Well before I read that part I was going to suggest cow tipping. I haven't personally tried it but I think husband has. Now back to the snow, that probably took a lot of work. I went out with smallish children types and about froze my knees off just trying to get the base of the snowman built. That thing had to have required a frontloader or something close to it. ginnibug

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'd drive past this guy fairly often and watched him being built. He's on the route I take to get to the occupational therapy place. At any one time I'd see 2-4 people carrying by hand the snow to the various levels with BUCKETS. There was one very long step ladder from the ground to ~almost~ the top of the top level and another ladder went from the second level to the top. I never saw any heavy machinery ... although it sure is possible.

They were making one last year and only got to the second level but never made it look like a snowman. I thought it was a giant wedding cake last year. LOL! Never saw any kind of machinery then either ... just buckets, ladders, shovels and 2-4 people.

It will be sad to see him melt. :-(

• stitzelweller
    14 years ago

Cheer up! There will be other blizzards. :-)

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Touché! :-)

• stitzelweller
    14 years ago

gotcha!

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

8-)

I'll go by this guy tomorrow and maybe post another photo. It's been really warm this week. :-/

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well ... it has been well above freezing for several days and sadly ... the giant snowman is no more. :*(
    {{gwi:133883}}

Until next year ........ *~*~*SIGH*~*~*

:-/

• Driftless Roots
    14 years ago

I think a couple should dress as a bride and groom and just stand up there periodically waving at the traffic.

• stitzelweller
    14 years ago

the last snow was kaput on Sunday, here. Guess I need to move to Colorado!

--Stitz--

• stitzelweller
    13 years ago

ahhhhhhhh, the initial foto looks so Refreshing :)

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    13 years ago

He's all gone for several weeks. Until next year ... :-)

• orchidnick
    13 years ago

Looks to me like he used 50,000 slaves to carry one snow ball at a time to built his monument. When it melted was there a burial chamber in the middle with lots of gold?

Nick

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The most I ever saw was 4 people using ordinary mop buckets to carry the snow pack upwards and shovels to shape him. The mass of snow just became smaller as the temperature increased plus we had lots o' rain.

For a time there was a face carved into the side that was facing the road. I believe it was supposed to be the Sphynx .. but by the time I got around to photograph that creation ... it was just a large mound of snow on someone's lawn. :-/

These people truly LOVE their snow! 8-)

• stitzelweller
    13 years ago

I'm looking forward to the next blizzard! Hell, we only get blizzards about every 7+ yrs around here on the average.

This past season we harvested a bumper crop, THREE!!!

--Stitz--