Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aachenelf

Public Service Announment

aachenelf z5 Mpls
16 years ago

Battlestar Galactica Season 3 is available on DVD starting TODAY! I've had this one in my Waiting Queue on Netflix since last summer, so I think I was first in line to get it. I'll have the first disc tomorrow. Popcorn night for sure.

K

Comments (25)

• lunaticvulpine
    16 years ago

.. and 24 hours after the release , i'll have the set in 48 hours =D

j/k but i still love torrents

• Driftless Roots
    16 years ago

It's been at the top of my queue for months as well. I hope they ship it right away because I returned a disc yesterday. Even moreso, I hope it's as good as previous seasons!

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Watched it last night. Has a totally different feel from the previous - very dark, almost kind of disturbing at times, some very good and very obvious parallels to what's happening in the world today.

Now the horror - Apollo is FAT!! Please tell me that is a fat suit and it's going away sometime soon. Please?

• Driftless Roots
    16 years ago

I didn't get it. They're sending something else instead and it says "short wait" on my queue :(

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Disc 2: Apollo hits the gym. All is right with the universe once again.

• Driftless Roots
    16 years ago

I'm through the first two episodes. Some intensity there. Terribly disappointed at Kara at this point. I would have snuffed the evil hybrid brat most pronto.

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    Original Author
    16 years ago

As they say in Big Brother: "Expect the unexpected"

I'm really pleased with this season. Things seem to be going in directions I never would have thought of and at times I even find myself having sympathetic moments for the Cylons. This is just great stuff.

• Driftless Roots
    16 years ago

Finished the first disc last night. Fracking awesome!

• Driftless Roots
    16 years ago

Still enjoying. Apollo is fit again. Whew!

Check out the link below. It's good for a chuckle.

Here is a link that might be useful: Also, You Have to See This!

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    Original Author
    16 years ago

That was too funny. Imagine finding that some bleary eyed morning stumbling into your kitchen.

Yes, I'm really enjoying this season. They're going in directions I never anticipated. I was surprised to see a few folks giving this season slightly negative reviews on the Netflix site. Then again, I'm starting to doubt the wisdom of the reviews on that site. Recently I've rented a couple of really crappy movies based on those reviews.

• xmpraedicta
    15 years ago

So because of this thread I started watching BSG like a week ago (I never watch TV....praised be the internet) and I'm totally hooked, although I'm only halfway through the 1st season. Just what I need - a healthy time-consuming distraction while in grad school :3

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Calvin

BSG is totally addictive. I finally made it through all the episodes available on DVD, but it took me over a year - a year well spent though. I wish I could find another scifi series to get this involved in. It's kind of a fun distraction.

• Driftless Roots
    15 years ago

I've started watching the current season online and it's really getting far out. I also rented Razor last week. It's OK, actually explains some stuff in the regular series.

• xmpraedicta
    15 years ago

My friend claims farscaape, which I have yet to see, is good/better than BSG...I don't know - I prefer sci-fi that has an attractive cast, as opposed to weird aliens

Kev, I can't believe you managed to have enough restraint to not watch all the episodes at once..I watched 5 episodes in a row last weekend o_O

• Driftless Roots
    15 years ago

And I should mention I'm completely over Lee "Apollo" Adama. He's seeming more and more like just a little prettyboy, especially in light of Carl Agathon and that husband of wackadoo Kara's, Sam. Heck, even the Leoben Cylon is hotter when he's not busy being killed.

• xmpraedicta
    15 years ago

Um yeah, Helo any day, although I definitely think Lee>Leoben..I mean, come on!...and excuse me? Kara has a husband? Shhhhh I'm only on the 4th episode of the 2nd season. Kara sure cleans up good though!

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    Original Author
    15 years ago

This is odd. I posted about Farscape a couple of days ago, but my post is GONE! Anyway, that was my fav scifi series before I discovered BSG. I think I've seen every episode at least 3 times. Very different from BSG, but worth every minute of time. Yes, more alien creatures, but you still have Ben Browder to observe if you get my drift. Calvin, if you do decide to watch it don't watch the FS movie before you watch the entire series. The movie continues were the series left off.

Saw Razor a couple of days ago. Very, very good IMO.

Apollo a pretty boy?? I can deal with that. He's certainly not bugging me because of it.

Yes, this series certainly does have a surplus of attractive characters - both male & female. For some odd reason, I'm totally smitten with the female Cylons.

• Driftless Roots
    15 years ago

Oh, did I say Starbuck was married? I meant harried...by the Cylons of course.

As for the female Cylons, yes. I have grown especially fond of what I call the "Melissa Etheridge" model. I'd come to her window, yes indeed! I'll say no more as not everyone has gotten to the REALLY INTERESTING PART OF THE SERIES.

• xmpraedicta
    15 years ago

I admit, I too developed a little mini-crush on Sharon...or maybe I was just envious of her and her little romp with Helo on Caprica. Don't say anymore - I think I'm the furthest behind out of everyone! ;)
    Kev - thanks for the tip..if someone hadn't given me the heads up, I would have started watching season 1 of BSG without seeing the miniseries.

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I really love the fact that in the BSG universe, men and women are truly equals in every sense of the word. Girly girls have always bugged me. Sure, those Cylon chicks can dress like Marilyn Monroe, but would you ever doubt they could rip your head (or something else) off? Now that I think of it, I can only remember one scene where Starbucks appeared all dressed up in an ACTUAL DRESS! Tough, hot women are.... well.... HOT! (IMO)

Yup, Helo is a fine specimen - very, very fine. He first caught my eye in Cold Squad and was the main reason I continued to watch that series. Also love his real name: Tahmoh Penikett. Pure hotness.

• xmpraedicta
    15 years ago

Okay I just finished season 2 and I have only two things on my mind: a) What the frack (sorry /grin I had to) are the cylons doing, and b) Samuel Anders (even with pneumonia) trumps everyone in hotness. The amount of restraint I am exercising to not go straight to the next dvd is surprising for me. :)

• Driftless Roots
    15 years ago

a. the Cylons are doing what they're doing because they have A Plan ;)

b. Go straight to the next DVD! There are more!

• xmpraedicta
    15 years ago

I'm glad I watched the webisodes before watching season 3 cause now I actually know what is going on...although, as with you guys, I am terribly distracted by the fact that Apollo is FAT...hope this debacle ends soon

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    Original Author
    15 years ago

What if it doesn't? Maybe that's the new Apollo? The next season is available on DVD come August. Can't wait.

Anyone seen The Tudors? I'm kind of getting into this. Nice looking people too.

K

• Driftless Roots
    15 years ago

I didn't ever find the webisodes and now the last season available online seems to have been pared down to the last few episodes. I don't want to watch them out of order or miss any so I guess I'll just have to wait for the DVD :(

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida