Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clintdawley

102F on April 17th!

clintdawley
18 years ago

It was a scorcher yesterday and it is supposed to be as hot today...I left a couple of oncidiums outside and when I checked on them when I got home, I could already see the effects of heat stress.

I hope this is not a harbinger of a killer summer.

Comments (9)

• ladybug_ok
    18 years ago

Me, too! Clint, we only hit 98 yesterday and it's still an all time record for us. I hate to think what July might be like! (Where IS that rain!?!)

I'm beginning to wish I'd put in a pool....

Stay cool....
    Maggie

• clintdawley
    Original Author
    18 years ago

The air is SOOOOOOOOOOOO dry here Maggie. Outside now is only 7% humidity. I feel like I stepped outside into Las Vegas at lunch. (I'm glad I decided not to put a lot of stuff outside this year..yet.)

Clint

• kwmackdog
    18 years ago

a friend near dallas said they had rolling blackouts, could this be true? yikesssss

• clintdawley
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yes. We had rolling blackouts as well. The power was out for about 10 minutes every hour that night.

• ladybug_ok
    18 years ago

This time of year I usually open my windows and doors to let in the humidity of the spring rains. I tried it this morning, since we're down to a predicted normal high of 70....egads! the humidity is single digits!!!! Around here you just can't count on Momma Nature anymore.

And I was planning on moving some outside this year....sigh.

Maggie

• cartercashfan
    18 years ago

Hi,
    if we can mix your weather with ours from last week.. that would fit LOL
    here in germany it was around 60 most of the time and just the last few days it went up to around 70.
    just have my coelogyne and pleione (?) outside.
    oh... and my little phaius tankerville alba, hopefully it will one day be big enough to bring some shade in the summer LOL

greatings from germany
    Elke

• clintdawley
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well..today I woke up to chilly 55 degrees. What's going on? I think that's pretty close to a record low for this time of year for here.

• ladybug_ok
    18 years ago

Clint, I think things are changing....everywhere! We had a high of 50 yesterday and last night it dipped into the low 40s! The western part of the state was under a freeze warning...our last freeze dates for the state are typically mid April. Today is forecast to be a bit warmer than yesterday but the cool is supposed to hang around for a few more days.

The good news is...some rain might actually fall at my house this weekend! lol Can you belive with all the storms that blew through here Monday night, we didn't get more than a heavy sprinkle for a few moments??? Mercy! We need rain, rain and more rain! This drought is playing havoc on all living things.

I read the earth got an ever so slight tilt on it's axis...wonder if that might be a factor? Anybody know more about this? We sure haven't had "normal" weather patterns here.

Maggie

• clintdawley
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I think the tilt was caused from the Boxing Day earthquake in India/Indonesia/Thailand...not sure how it affects weather patterns, however.