Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
whitecat8

Anyone else using Photobucket?

whitecat8
16 years ago

It's weird about Photobucket since their upgrade. No matter what size I make a photo, it fills my entire screen when previewed here. This also applies to thumbnail.

Today, instead of using the usual HTML address, I linked a thumbnail. When I clicked on the link, the picture still filled up the whole screen.

Someone remarked that my picture was tiny, so the thumbnail opened up right for that person.

Anyone have any clues about this?

Whitecat8

Comments (8)

• pcan-z9
    16 years ago

The picture is loading from your computer WC. It's remembering (if you will) the pic before you resized it on PB. Hard to explain...;0)
    For us the pic is very very small...lol....

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    16 years ago

I don't use PB very much - only for photos I don't want to hang on to - like the quick pic I took of my Amorph tuber in the other thread. I always use the HTML code and leave it at that. Haven't had any problems at all.

Did you notice the Epson Photo Hosting site is gone or is going away (can't remember which)? I wonder if that's a trend that will eventually affect some of the other free hosting sites?

• whitecat8
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Pat, so, if I resize pix for y'all, they show up the right size, correct? If so, that's great info. No more thumbnails. I've had this problem only since their upgrade.

Kevin, I'm not familiar w/ Epson. Photobucket recently added a fair amount of new functionality, if that's useful info.

Thanks, WC8

• pcan-z9
    16 years ago

Correct - because we are loading the pic straight from PB at the size you made it.

You can try and empty your internet temp files WC...then it should be the right size for you. If that doesn't work then I have no idea what I am talking about - lol.
    Tools, Internet options, Browsing history.

• jane__ny
    16 years ago

WC, I use Photobucket and see the same thing. I'm always shocked at how big the pic appears. My latest picture I resized to Medium and it looks the same if I resized to Small.

I don't like clicking on thumbnails. But I don't want the picture to be hard to load on other computers.

Jane

• pcan-z9
    16 years ago

The pictures are being load from your own computers cache or temp files - memory. If you clear your cache or temp files you will see what we see. We are loading the images from PB the way you sized them, you are loading them from you own computers memory.

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    16 years ago

You probably know about this, but have you ever considered Flickr for your photos? It's much, much more than a simple photo hosting site. You can join groups, comment on other people's photos, receive comments from other folks etc. You also don't have to resize anything. Your photos are given to you in a bunch of different sizes. It's really a very cool place and quite a few GW people use it.

• whitecat8
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Pat, thanks for the suggestion of emptying the temp files. Makes sense.

Kevin, I'll give Flickr a try. The size thing is appealing.

No more trying to be considerate by posting those thumbnails.

Thanks, WC8