Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
me_171

ahhh going crazy

me_171
15 years ago

Who knew the end of a year of Graduate school was such a pain. One thing is for sure my orchids don't need to be worrying about being over watered...

Comments (3)

• lunaticvulpine
    15 years ago

well better grad school then have to sit and do stupid busy work projects in 2d design so that every one who hasn't taken art 1 in high school can catch up and at least know what were talking about during the critique. then there are the people who dont need to be in art as a major who sit and try to grasp endlessly at some thing that isnt there to the point that the instructor is telling them to hush XD

any ways yeah i guess you kinda substitute one form of crazyness for the another. and then what worse i have to repeat all my gfx design classes cause they didn't transfer from the community college XD

Gaston

• embco
    15 years ago

So, I'm a third time's the charm type. I was so traumatized by my BS I took 3 yrs off before my MS. That one was even worse, had to sit an all-day long-hand exam to finish that one up. And who cares about brain anatomy anyway? Swore off school forever, ran back to the lab screaming, and stayed a happy little camper for another 3 yrs. Then, got a wild hair and went for a Pharm.D. It was quite disappointing to realize that all-nighters hurt worse when you're old. The absolute worst was the last year when we did clinicals and our "experiential coordinator" expected projects and hour-long presentations, on power point no less, and weekly reports of "what I learned this week" in addition to 60-hr weeks at the pharmacies. The final insult was the law exam for Boards. That was when I about lost it, those things are brutal. That was 4 yrs ago. Then last year, I had to sit another law exam for a new state, and just barely passed it by the skin of my teeth. (Did you know it's illegal to poison a corpse with arsenic? It was on the test!) During my Pharm. D, I had to retake freshman theatre, freshman politics/govt, and they almost didn't let me into technical writing my first year, because they had relabeled me as a freshman and they're not allowed to write technically or something. They also wanted me to take gym and health class, at 30+. And pregnant. I offered to teach health instead, and they dropped the requirement for me. I look back and laugh now, but I haven't taken my specialty Board exam, because if the trend continues as is, it'll be a stone killer. My final amusement is that I do psychiatry now every day, and it's all about brain anatomy, and I flat hated it once upon a time. Never say never. Hope you survived the semester!

• xmpraedicta
    15 years ago

me_171 - at least you're at the end!! Keep at it - jsut a few more months and you'll be free!

Wow embco that is INTENSE - but at least it's all in the past :) Now you can laugh at us suckers who are still chugging away. Tragically, many grad students in the sciences I see really don't know what they're going to do with their lives..so much suffering for an unpractical degree. I'm entering my second year of my masters and I'm still clueless as to what to do. :(