Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aachenelf

Come across any fav words of wisdom lately?

aachenelf z5 Mpls
16 years ago

Came across this one today. It sums up my current mood perfectly:

It's not that I think stupidity should be punishable by death. I just think we should take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem take care of itself.

Kevin

Comments (16)

• arthurm
    16 years ago

I've just completed the Irish lottery winners verification form. How many Aussie Dollars will i get for one million Irish punts, pounts, pounds or whatever they call them?

• qylliam
    16 years ago

Just because they're selling it doesn't mean you have to buy it?

If there's a better way to say that I would like to plaster it on malls sometimes.
    The things I see them selling...and people are buying it!

Shocking.

• Driftless Roots
    16 years ago

Money doesn't buy good taste

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    Original Author
    16 years ago

How true. Someone did an interview with D. Trump at one of his homes and then the D gave a brief tour of the place. He was so proud of it. I thought it was hideous beyond words.

• tuezday1
    16 years ago

no one knows, what no one knows

• rita_h
    16 years ago

"Much work remains to be done before we can announce our total failure to make any progress".

(From a poster I read somewhere...)

• bob123how
    16 years ago

The chance of a falling piece of toast landing buttered side down is directly proportional to the cost of the carpet.

Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate

In any heirarchy, each individual rises to his own level of incompetence, and then remains there
    --Murphy

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Good ones.

• Judybird2014
    16 years ago

Everything is on its way somewhere-everything!

• brpbsp
    16 years ago

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind.
    Dr. Seuss

• albertan
    16 years ago

1. The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow.
    2. Money will buy a fine dog,
    but only kindness will make him wag his tail.
    3. If you don't have a sense of humor, you may not have any sense at all.
    4. Seat belts are not as confining as wheelchairs.
    5. A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep water.
    6. How come it takes so little time for a child who is afraid of the dark to become a teenager who wants to stay out all night?
    7. Business conventions are important because they demonstrate how many people a company can operate without.
    8. Why is it that at class reunions you feel younger than everyone else looks?
    9. Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job.

1. No one has more driving ambition
      than the boy who wants to buy a car.
    2. There are no new sins; the old ones just get more publicity.
    3. There are worse things than getting a call for a wrong number at 4 AM. It could be a right number.
    4. Think about this: No one ever says "It's only a game." when his team is winning.
    5. I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (Twenty years ago!!)
    6. Be careful reading the fine print. There's no way you're going to like it.
    7. The trouble with bucket seats is that not everybody has the same size bucket.
    8. Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of OLD LADIES running around with tattoos?
      (And RAP music will be 'The Golden Oldies'!)
    9. Money can't buy happinessÂ
      but somehow it's more comfortable t
      o cry in a Lincoln than in a Yugo.
    10. After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.
  • Driftless Roots
    16 years ago

Those are xlent, Alberta! I especially like #3

• margad
    16 years ago

Alberta you made my day. Thank you.

• Judybird2014
    16 years ago

loveddd those, A, #2 is my fave~
    (hope you're well; please pray for rain for judybird's Bibb Co., GA.)

• clairewags
    16 years ago

Just being alive is a tremendous opportunity.
    - Kate Hepburn

• albertan
    16 years ago

I received a few more bon mots via email. Guess someone thought I needed some more "smartenibg up"!!

You should never have your best trousers on when you turn out to fight for freedom and truth.

Real happiness is cheap enough, yet how dearly we pay for its counterfeit.

In good films, there is always a directness that entirely frees us from the itch to interpret.

Reason is our soul's left hand, faith her right, by these we reach divinity.

Throw a lucky man into the sea, and he will come up with a fish in his mouth.

Conversation would be vastly improved by the constant use of four simple words: I do not know.

Power is my mistress. I have worked too hard at her conquest to allow anyone to take her away from me.

You must go after your wish. As soon as you start to pursue a dream, your life wakes up and everything has meaning.

Appetite comes with eating: the more one has, the more one would have.

Speak of the Devil and he appears.

The secret to happiness is not in doing what one likes to do, but in liking what one has to do.

The chief beneficiary of life insurance policies for young, single people is the life insurance agent.

Ambition is a Dead Sea fruit, and the greatest peril to the soul is that one is likely to get precisely what he is seeking.