Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
westoh

Access GW at Home or Work?

westoh Z6
14 years ago

A "little" slow over here and I thought I'd at least try to spark some activity.

I very seldom access GW from home, I bet at least 95% of my reading/posting on GW is done via my work computer.

I'm not too concerned with that as I am the IS Manager and our policy is that you are allowed a little personal surfing as long as your job is getting done and you're not causing problems :-)

Bob

Comments (14)

• orrin_h
    14 years ago

I thought rigor mortis had set in over here-perhaps it's been long enough that the rigor has passed.

I visit from home and poke around in a few forums, more so on the birdwatching forum these days.

In other news, the monsoon season is in full swing here in SE AZ. We had a MAJOR storm last night, scads of lightning and furiously pounding rain. Nothing like a little humidity to enhance the 100+ daily temperatures.

-O-

• arthurm
    14 years ago

Rigor Mortis has set in. The patient is dead.

I am at home in poverty stricken retirement.

• Ginge
    14 years ago

I am a little stiff especially when I stand up :) Gin

• Ginge
    14 years ago

My brain must be too , Hi O good to see you , Lots of rain here for the last few days will be in the high 50s for a short time Sun. Am . Gin

• sambac
    14 years ago

Bob, good that you decided to post on the conversation side, it is deader than dead. Gin, we are getting pounded with rain as I am writing this. Oh, all those wet catts... Is the economy any better in your part of town? My DH was telling me that 'bidding wars' have started for homes less than 200K in SE florida- isn't that what got us here in the first place?

• Ginge
    14 years ago

It does not seem to bad here but there are not a lot of people or big business .
    There are homes foreclosed , guess it is not to good here either .
    I checked on houses in Fl. but the property taxes were to high even if the house was priced fairly low . That is the good thing about Mo. the taxes are low I have a nice house, not fancy on 4 acres taxes are about $500a year including personal property car ,boat ect .. Gin

• westoh Z6
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well I'm back at work ;-)...

It's really been a very cool summer here in Ohio, we set records this weekend of low highs (69 Saturday and 73 Sunday). At least in west central Ohio it's also been faily dry, 1.11" so far in July. We had our annual Dayton air show this weekend, it's the first time in as long as I can remember where it wasn't blazing hot/humid and people were not being treated for the heat. Heck, Saturday morning they were watching in sleeping bags and blankets.

As far as real estate, I think Ohio is having as many problems as any state in the way of foreclosures and prices. The automobile thing is really hitting the 'car' towns bad, Dayton and several other big cities in OH that lost auto manufacturing plants are really struggling to provide replacement jobs for 1000's of displaced workers. Thus, lot's to pick from if you have a job and want to be "moving on up" as George & Weezy would say.

I don't know about the bigger cities where you live, but in Dayton the foreclosure section of the paper is larger than the classified section. SAD...

Bob

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    14 years ago

We're having a very cool and dry summer. I think this is the 3rd year of drought and we're short over 8 inches of rain this year alone. No mosquitoes though. That's nice.

Oh yes, the foreclosure mess has hit us really hard. There are homes in my neighborhood that were in the $200k a few years ago now selling for $12k or less. Good time to move to the city if you want a good deal.
    Kevin

• stitzelweller
    14 years ago

what's work?

• westoh Z6
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It's that little thing we do to keep the political engines running ;-)

Hopefully this thread won't turn down that road, but then again it might pick up the activity over here.

Bob

• arthurm
    14 years ago

What's work? A bit hard to define because the boundary between work and pleasure is fuzzy.

Looks like another ism has failed. Thanks guys for the GFC. Send money.

Actually things are not too bad here.

• sambac
    14 years ago

Gee Gin, 500 bucks for property taxes, we crazy people here pay 10 -20 times that... orchid growing is the only thing that we can do here that is worth that price..

• Ginge
    14 years ago

sambac I looked for a place in Fl. ..ouch ! the taxes were awful even if the house was not expensive I have a sister in law in Ocala her taxes are over $3,000 a year . That is why I am still in So. Misery aka Missouri . :(

• arthurm
    14 years ago

Why are rates taxes? No rates = no services. Santa Claus is for kids.

Cannot tell you how much "taxes" are because the Dragon Woman pays the bills, i am just her toy boy.

Always wondered why house prices seemed so low in the US.

Gin, why do you call it Misery? every place has some positives. Space is pretty valuable.