Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
orchidnick

Eat your heart out, Canada.

orchidnick
13 years ago

I grew up in Canada, Coffee Crisp was and still is my favorite candy bar. Still have contacts despite having lived in SOCAL for 1/2 a century now. Every time I have an argument with one of them where they list the superiority of Canada's health care, life expectancy, banking system etc it always ends on the same note: "And to top it off, we have Coffee Crisp and you don't, so there!" When I'm up in the frozen north, in their Coffee Crisp rich atmosphere, I add 1/2" to my waistline for every week I'm there.

Well the Coffee Crisp gap has narrowed, I discovered that it's regularily availabe at Stater Brothers. The Looney may still be worth more than the Dollar (that may have reversed, I'm not up to speed on that), the waters of the Gulf may have a richer component of hydrocarbons than the Arctic Ocean, but their Coffee Crisp monopoly has finally ended!

America can look forward to a shiny and glorious future, eat your heart out Canada.

Nick

Comments (2)

• stitzelweller
    13 years ago

"The Looney may still be worth more than the Dollar (that may have reversed, I'm not up to speed on that)"

Nick, you aren't even close to speed. The exchange rate has been in the favor of the $US vs the $C for many years....

Obviously, you have not been traveling recently in Canada from the USA! You missed the most dramatic disparity when it took less than $US 0.70 to purchase $C 1.00

Your loss!

--Stitz--

• xmpraedicta
    13 years ago

I had no idea that the delight that is coffee crisp was only available here! Either way, I'm glad you now can satiate your appetite with these little morsels of joy. It's what make's halloween awesome for me...even at this age :)