Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ginnibug

Who remembers Jim Jones?

ginnibug
12 years ago

Stitz made a Jim Jones reference earlier in another thread. I know about Jim Jones because I'm from his neck of the woods, not because I'm old enough. How creepy and scarey is all that crap of what he did?!?!? Anyway, I just wondered if anybody else remembers this?

I was also thinking about how many other events like this enter into our culture and then vanish only a generation or two later. Sorry I'm thinking too hard.gb

Comments (7)

• arthurm
    12 years ago

Hello, Ginnibug, just like old times, a cute strillel thread over on discussions and just a spark of life over here.

• ginnibug
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Maybe we need squirrel threads over here?

How you doin' Arthur? Hope everything is chin up for you.You got lots of plants blooming now or has everything slowed for the winter? My DH was just commenting on how awful it is that he doesn't get down to Surfers Paradise anymore. gb

• westoh Z6
    12 years ago

I remember the Jim Jones saga pretty well, I'm originally a Hoosier too so I had a some additional interest. Also don't forget about the Heaven's Gaters who were waiting on a ship that was behind a comet in their nice tennis shoes, jeez lueez...

IMO, it goes to prove just how badly some people want to believe in something, anything to help explain their existence :-(

Don't drink the green kool-aid :-)

Bob

• ginnibug
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I wonder what would be the ideal color Kool-aid to drink. I like the grape myself.

I forgot the really nice tennis shoes.

BOB Why have you left us? You need to be with your Hoosier people. Those Buckeye people don't understand our Hoosier ways,they might try to brainwash you and turn you against us!!!;)LOL
    gb

• westoh Z6
    12 years ago

After 25+ years away, 1st Minnesota then Ohio, I'm still a Hoosier thru and thru. Hell, I'm still hoping Bobby Knight will come back to coach the Hoosiers :-(

In fact, it's time for my annual trek to Knox County Indiana (Vincennes in particular, to see Mom and Sis) to pick a carload of some of the best watermelon and canteloupe I've ever eaten. Didn't know how good I had it until I moved away. I saw where some Knox County/Vincennes melons showed upon my local Kroger shelves last week, but pretty pricey.

'Whose your' momma, 'whose your' poppa? At least that's how I understand we got the nickname.

Does your hubby work for a specific team? Just in case I stumble across the race this weekend.

Bob

• ginnibug
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes I do believe we have some of the best produce. Don't forget the Indiana tomatoes.

I have Great Grandparents that came from Evansville. Little bit of Mediterranean French. But there's a WHOLE BUNCH of Scottish and Irish with just a kiss of German. Or If you like the term Pennsylvania Dutch better.

Yep DH works for Derek Walker. This year he is working on the Falken Tire Porsche. Ahhh road racing...he can't stand the cars that go around in circles, so boring! He's worked on just about everything except Nascar. He can't stand that series. But the money would be nice. He has worked in American Le Mans before on the fancy prototypes but now is doing all the electric and telemetry on this monster. I have to say after twenty-two years of racing this is the first car he's ever worked on that has doors!! gb

• westoh Z6
    12 years ago

GB,

If you ain't rubbin', you ain't racin' :-)

I like it all, F1, Indy Cars, Stock Cars, Cycles, lawn mowers, bar stools...

If it's got a motor, I'll watch 'em race it...

Bob