Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kwmackdog

What's happining with the Crap? i mean BP Cap?

kwmackdog
13 years ago

just wondering if anyone has any opinions or inside info or outside info for that matter?

is this cap going to hold?

what is the prognosis for the Gulf?

i don't know who to believe.

Comments (7)

• stitzelweller
    13 years ago

WoW! Hooray for Barack Obama! He stopped the Leak!

• kwmackdog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

don't worry stitzelweller, there is still plenty of room for catastrophe. Oil companies have been allowed to abandon "capped" wells since the 50s, any time now one of them should spring a leak, let's see if Obama can really step up and and solve 50 yrs of unchecked oil industry problems.

JAQ what took BP so long in coming up with the current cap?
    my opinion is that they were hell bent from the start at recovering oil rather than the preserving or preventing damage to the gulf.

• stitzelweller
    13 years ago

fyi,

"WoW! Hooray for Barack Obama! He stopped the Leak! "

was in jest....

BO hasn't done jack doodly relative to this catastrophe.

--Stitz--

• highjack
    13 years ago

Kwack - you're kidding right?

Did they enjoy handing over 20 billion to the Fed. government, plus the additional money to States - 50 million to MS and 25 million to FL -to handle some of the clean up PLUS the individual claims they've already paid out?

Do you truly believe they could recover the money they are currently paying out by capturing the spewing oil? I guess if you believe that then I need to pay attention to the people who think Obama dithered to promote his cap and trade bill.

Don't worry about the capped abandoned wells. The reason they quit those wells, they ran out of oil in that pocket. The other reason you shouldn't lose sleep, these are shallow wells, they can send a diver down to look. It's not a problem capping shallow water or rigs on dry land. How many hurricanes in the last 50 years have created a problem with either capped or active wells?

Disclaimer - BP has only handed over 5 billion, there is another payment each year to reach the 20 billion total. I also don't know what the amounts were that were given to LA and AL. Almost forgot, BP did have to use the USA operation of BP as collateral for the 20 billion.

Brooke

• kwmackdog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

stitzelweller..make no mistake i knew you were jesting,and from your previous posts i doubt that an "I Heart Obama" tatoo is in your future.

JMQ if the present administration were republican would so many be so critical?
    i'm thinking the pom-poms would have been out from the get go, praising the fine collaboration of business and government.
    just looking at it clinically, what president could have done anything different? or is the opposition asking that government should have stepped in and *gawd forbid* took charge of an independent business entity?
    disclaimer: no hostility intended, simply questioning...

20 billion? i opine that amounts to less than 1$ per individual destruction of life.

cripes i won't trust a gulf grown oyster for the next five years if that!

More likly I won't be able to gum one by the time this fiasco is over.

Yes they should pay!
    JMO it was BP's intention to somehow minimize the "spew" and once again control and make use of a very profitable well.

am i suspicious of BPs intentions...hell yes.

isn't discourse fun?

• stitzelweller
    13 years ago

"cripes i won't trust a gulf grown oyster for the next five years if that!"

kwmackdog,
    in lieu of gulf oysters, I suggest that you switch to Chesapeake Bay and New England oysters. These cousins are much tastier! :)

--Stitz--

• highjack
    13 years ago

Kwmack I gave you solid reasons why BP wasn't letting the oil spew for profit but you aren't responding to them.

Add this fact to my above answers - they must pay a fine for each gallon released into the Gulf. They will also pay a dividend to their stockholders for every gallon lost. Do you still believe they are making a profit when oil is "only" $70 a barrel?

BP is still paying claims to States/locals and will into the future. They deserve to lose every dollar they will pay out.

Brooke

Sponsored
BME Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structure