Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
me_171

Sinus surgery

me_171
17 years ago

Well I am on my first day after haiving surgery on my sinuses, so that I can hopefully not have chronic infections anymore.

Suprisingly the pain is almost nonexistent, thanks Vicadin.

Anyway I am just going to have to lay low and play with my orchids I guess, lol. Any tips on what I can be doing this time of year that is time consuming?

Comments (9)

• clintdawley
    17 years ago

Hmm...get a big ole bottle of lemon juice and wipe of the hard water spots? Repot those that need it...Remove old bracts/clean the plants up.

Nice to see you recovered. I know anything to do with sinuses isn't the most fun...

Maybe do some light reading?

• me_171
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ha funny you mention light reading, I have an assignment due the second day of classes in which I still need to read another children books, and review their quality and how to use them. I know children books arn't so hard to read, but I have at least 7 more that have to be chapter books. Not hard and very enjoyable, but ya I have light reading to do.

Thanks for the lemon juice idea that will take some time and give me something to fiddle with.

• bada
    17 years ago

oh man, lucky you... my sinuses have raised he!! for years and years... wish I could get that done... I'm sure you're live life now like you've never lived it!!!

seriously. I'm suffering now because of the darn useless filled crevices...

bada

• me_171
    Original Author
    17 years ago

ya I keep telling myself it is going to be worth it in the long run. Of course it couldn't just go by easy, I had to get one last sinus infection. So now I am cut up in there and infected, guess I'm going to the doc tomorrow, well today.

Started and anti-biotic, thank God for parents in the medical field, so I am feelilng a little better at this point of 2:15 am.

Just keep swiming, just keep swiming.

• bada
    17 years ago

I think I've heard that swimming statement before...:)

did they get you on zithromax? good thing they got on you quick. I had sinus infections go on for weeks and it starting creeping into my brain, I think. good thing you got it taken care of quickly. very smart.

totally sucks you got an infection on top. lordy.

bada

• me_171
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ya I am on levaquin now for the infection. The doc sprayed stuff in there to numb everything and went to town with a scope and suckting thing, not fun, but I guess I feel better from that now.

I had a really bad infection at the end of last semester, so much that then ended up doing a spinal tap to make sure it wasn't menengitus. So that is why I got this surgery. I just can't wait to be healed up and good to go again. Which should be somewhat soon. At least it has to be, I am moving back to school this sat, and classes start monday. Also I have to finish my assignment to reade and review 50 childrens books. lol I was supposed to have a lot of free time after surgery that I would be able to read. And on to that now.

• clintdawley
    17 years ago

Anytime they scrap around and there and bust up tissue it's a guaranteed infection. At least it was for me when I had mine drained a couple of years ago--I would rather have my spincter sewn up than go though that again..

• me_171
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Lol spincter sewn up, I though I was the only one with wier comparisons, now is that the upper or lower spincter, you know the one going in or out? Cus that would make a difference to me anyway. But anyhow he luckly didn't do scraping this time, I was knocked out for the cutting part on monday, this was just kinda like house work a little vacuming.

• tstrombotn
    17 years ago

going for a CAT scan of my sinuses tomorrow, so this is timely. Wish me luck!

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations