Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stitzelweller

Back off, Sarah!

stitzelweller
13 years ago

A few weeks ago, Sarah Palin inexplicably interjected herself into the Maryland Republican primary for Governor. She came out in support of Brian Murphy in his Primary contest with former Governor Robert Ehrlich.

Palin had never met Murphy. Palin never even spoke with Murphy! He was as shocked by her declaration of support as everyone else within the State of Maryland!

Yesterday, Ehrlich stomped Murphy by winning ~ 76% of the vote. The voters had their say!

Butt out, Sarah!

--Stitz--

Comments (11)

• orchidnick
    13 years ago

Thank you Sahra, you are the gift that keeps on giving. She supported the radical candidate who won in Delaware thus assuring a Democratic victory in November. Carl Rowe was furious on Fox stating as that if the GOP fails to gain control of the senate this Nov, he places the blame squarely on Palin.

Nick

• stitzelweller
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Nick,

Are you referring to Karl Rove?

--Stitz--

• orchidnick
    13 years ago

That one too.

• highjack
    13 years ago

SNL should start spelling the names for Nick - ROTFLMAO

Brooke

• stitzelweller
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Nick, Don't be so quick to "write-off" Delaware. Don't you think that the populace is SICK of the Bidens and the Castles? Probably, the du Pont family, too!! They spread their large$$e around to sooothe both parties....

Why do think that CASTLE was taken down in the first place?? duh.....

--Stitz--

• orchidnick
    13 years ago

No doubt she can win, but the GOP establishment is not happy with her chances. If the Dems retain controll of the senate by one vote, thank Sarah Palin.

Nick

• westoh Z6
    13 years ago

I think the populace is pretty fed up with all existing politicians. IMO we are seeing the effects of the party battles in the senate/house of the last 4 years that caused nothing to be accomplished. I think we will see lots of first-time candidates and more and more it appears incumbents are doomed.

I also think the Dems are doing their best to make the primary winning Tea Party candidates seem like they can't win in November, it's to thier benefit if some of the undecided think that way. Maybe the Repubs should stand behind those winning TP primary candidates instead of complaining and shooting themselves in the foot.

Bob

• stitzelweller
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It's no secret that I live in Maryland. I am not proud of the politicians from this State who are considered national "leaders".

Nancy D'Alesandro Pelosi is the Speaker of the House of Representatives. While she represents a congressional district in California, Nancy is a Marylander at-heart. She is the daughter of a former Mayor of Baltimore City and was raised here until she was in her 20s.

Steny Hoyer is the arch-rival of Nancy. He is the Majority Leader of the House of Representatives. Steny represents a district next door to mine. Nancy has always been one step in front of Steny. Steny has always hoped for Nancy to stumble, just once, so that he could ascend to the position of Speaker.

Chris Van Hollen is my representative. In a statement taken from Chris' web page today, he refers to himself as "....Maryland Congressman Chris Van Hollen, Assistant to the Speaker...." I betcha that Steny is bristling over that reference! :)

And, of course, let's not forget the current Chairman of the Republican National Committee, the #1 Republican in the USA at this moment - Michael Steele, the former Lieutenant Governor of the State of Maryland who served under Governor Bob Ehrlich.

OH! BTW, Tim Kaine is the Chairman of the Democratic National Committee. He lives immediately across the Potomac River from Maryland, in Virginia.

Something to ponder....
    How does so much power get concentrated into these few hands, so close to our Capitol building? How does such a small state like Maryland wield so much influence??

Of course, a little bit of it is the proximity of Maryland to DC. There must be more, isn't there? Or, is the rest of the USA not interested in political influence?

--Stitz--

• orchidnick
    13 years ago

Three TP candidates lost their Senate bids. If more moderate GOP candidates had run instead would the Senate look differently?

Nick

• stitzelweller
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Nick, The Senate will look better in the future. The TP is in this for the long haul.

--Stitz--

• stitzelweller
    Original Author
    13 years ago

"Three TP candidates lost their Senate bids. If more moderate GOP candidates had run instead would the Senate look differently?
    Nick"

Nick, You are absolutely right! What the Senate needs is more moderate "members" like the recently departed souls, Senators Byrd and Kennedy.

Senator Byrd had an affiliation with the Ku Klux Klan.

Senator Edward Kennedy walked away from a drowning where he was the "responsible" driver.

The list is endless.....

--Stitz--