Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aachenelf

Could someone translate this for me? (German)

aachenelf z5 Mpls
16 years ago

I never went too far in my German language studies. Would really appreciate some help here. If you don't want to tackle the whole thing, the 2nd paragraph would be great.

Kevin

Beschreibung: Kleine Orchidee mit dickfleischigen Blättern. Auf einem emporwachsenden Rhizom bildet Trichoceros antennifera die neue Bulbe aus. Die Wurzeln sind erstaunlich dickfleischig. Am fertig gestellten Bulb bildet Trichoceros antennifera den Blütentrieb, der eine oder wenige Blüten trägt. Trichoceros antennifera wächst in der Natur sowohl semi - terrestrisch, epiphytisch als auch litophytisch. Insgesamt in allen Pflanzenteilen gröÃer als Trichoceros muralis. Eine Besonderheit aller Trichoceros - Arten ist, dass die Blüte ein weibliches Insekt mimt. Das männliche Insekt wird so irregeführt, dass es bei dem Begattungsversuch die Bestäubung sicher stellt.

Kultur: Auf Grund der Höhenlage und des kletternden Wuchses kultiviert man Trichoceros antennifera besser an einem Stück Rinde, vorzugsweise Robinie oder Pappel, ohne Substratauflage. Die Temperatur sollte nicht höher als temperiert sein. Temperaturspitzen im Sommer werden gut vertragen, wenn Trichoceros antennifera dabei trocken steht. Dafür im Sommer abends und morgens intensiv wässern, um einen möglichst groÃen Temperaturunterschied zwischen Tag und Nacht zu erreichen. Gedüngt wird schwach aber kontinuierlich mit einem Handelsüblichen Orchideendünger.

Comments (8)

• turkeytaker
    16 years ago

Beautiful. From the second paragraph, using my browsers translation utility: On the basis of the level and the climbing growth, one cultivates Trichoceros antennifera better at a piece of cows. I couldn't resist.

If no one else chimes in with an actual translation, I'll be over at my friend's mom's house and have her translate it for ya.

• michigoose
    16 years ago

wow! I ran it through Babelfish just for fun....get this:

Description: Small Orchidee with thick-fleshy sheets. On an up-increasing Rhizom Trichoceros trains antennifera the new Bulbe. The roots are amazingly thick fleshy. At the Bulb finished placed Trichoceros forms antennifera the bloom impulse, which carries or few blooms. Trichoceros antennifera grows in nature both semi - terrestrial, epiphytisch and litophytisch. Altogether in all plant parts more largely than Trichoceros muralis. A characteristic of all Trichoceros - kinds it is that the bloom acts like a female insect. The male insect is misled in such a way that it places dusting with the Begattungsversuch reliably. Culture: Due to the altitude and the climbing stature one cultivates Trichoceros antennifera better at a piece of crust, preferably robinie or pappel, without substrate edition. The temperature should not be more highly than kept at a moderate temperature. Temperature points in the summer are well stood, if Trichoceros stands antennifera thereby for drying. But in the summer in the evening and in the morning intensively waessern, in order to achieve as high a temperature difference between day and night as possible. One fertilizes weakly however continuously with a commercial Orchideenduenger.

I'm sure you did it before, but it really is amazing that babelfish translates so poorly. Now you can see why those eBay descriptions are so wierd when they are posted by a non-English speaking person...

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes, I tried the online translations on a couple of sites. Too funny! Now if I can't find a crust or cow to mount it to, will a squirrel do? Does it have to be a living animal?

• michigoose
    16 years ago

Naw, just put it somewhere overhere...it's dead enough to be able to support a little plantie sucking nutrients out of stuff. ;)

• evagreen
    16 years ago

Kevin, I just looked into GW for the first time in ages. You still want the translation? The computer translation is sooo much better ....and for a non native speaker pretty good to understand (in one way or the other), Michigoose....
    It says nothing about the light. So, nothing to translate there. On hot days with temp peaks it should be dry (really), but watered well in the morning and evening of those hot days. You need more?
    eva

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Eva - Thanks so much. If you could do just the Culture section I would be yours for life.

Kevin

• evagreen
    16 years ago

cultivate the little darling on a piece of bark,Robinie or Cottenwood preferred, without moss. Temps should be intermediate or less.
    And then again: temp peaks in summer are well tolerated, if the plant is dry at that time of the day, but water it well in the evening and morning of those days to get a good temp difference between day and night for the plant. Low fertilizing with regular orchid fertilizer.

Kevin, do you know "Leo":deutsch Englisches Woerterbuch? That is pretty good.

But still, for some reasons my translation has that foreigner stile. On the other hand, I am out of the states and living back in europe. Stressing my french by now...

A Kevin I have now, all mine...I will put you in my collection ;o)

eva

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Eva - Nope not familiar with that, but usually I can read enough German or French to get me through something I need to understand. This time I couldn't or had some mental block. That seems to happen frequently these days. Back in Europe? I was kind of wondering why we hadn't seen you out here. Thanks for the translation. It helps and now I know what not to do with this little thing.

K