Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aphrodite_gw

Hello!

aphrodite
17 years ago

I haven't been around for a while, don't know if anyone remembers me or not. But I recognize alot of you still :) Nice to be able to go somewhere on the net and feel comfortable with familiar names.

Is Orrin still around? I see Ginge and Alberta, Shady and Michigoose, Howard and Arthur, Mimi and some others that sound familiar. Is cajunbird, ladybug, Bruce/Fl, granniek still around? I'm sure I am forgetting a bunch. There was a lady from I think Chicago area that I really enjoyed also.

What about Paphraguy and gadget?

Shirley

Comments (11)

• michigoose
    17 years ago

Orrin hasn't been here posting in forever. He was hanging out at the birding forum....but I haven't seen or heard from him in ages. I haven't seen Bruce around either, although I think of him often as my Ency. tampensis is still doing great and flowering regularly. Sunita doesn't post much, but she knows when we're talking about her. :). Lonemountain I see over on the pond forum. The Lady from the Chicago area you're thinking of is Val,h20color, and she doesn't post...I don't know if she lurks. I sometimes email her. I haven't heard from cinderellagetowork in ages. Haven't seen paphraguy...although I think that there was a blow up at one point...but then I may be imagining things.

Some of the "old timers" show up in the gallery. If anyone can chime in... :) Hugs, Lis

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    17 years ago

I also think a lot of folks moved to the Orchid Source Forum - a very, very strange place.

Kevin

• Driftless Roots
    17 years ago

Hi Shirley. I remember you. Yes, there seems to have been a diaspora of sorts. I tend to go to different places for different things--not much here orchidwise. I come for the bad jokes and food talk. Occasionally I pop over to the other side to share some TRUTH but I think I'm regarded as a newcomer over there now. Times change. I've been thinking about Orrin a lot lately. I should see if I can find him again. Val was sending orchid pics periodically but it's been quite a while. Chicagoland is coming up isn't it? Maybe I'll run into her if I go down there.

• aphrodite
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello again,
    Yup, it was Val I was thinking of. Alot of people came and went I suppose. Orrin helped me quite a bit in the beginning with my paphs.

I am at the point where my orchids are second to my grandkids. Actually, probably 4th after dogs and horses.

It is nice to be remembered!

Thanks, Shirley

• Judybird2014
    17 years ago

Hey Shirley, hope you're well..

Val's my bud and she's busy being the super wife/mom/daughter/sister, ya know;-) but otherwise doing good, got rid of lots of her orchids so she could better manage life, in general.. she's such an artist, that's what has her heart.

Bruce in FL is doing great; we email with pics and his new house is awesome, however, he did lose many orchids during the move, he had to board them and they weren't happy about that..

It is neat to come back here and see the same folks.. I miss Orrin, too.. he taught us all so much, plus he was funny~

• michigoose
    17 years ago

Hey Judy, make sure Bruce knows I think of him whenever this sunofagun blooms, which is usually at least a couple of times a year. It's healthy and happy and my first successful mount. :)

• Judybird2014
    17 years ago

I sure will, Lis..
    I've gotten such wonderful plants from him, too.

• varmint
    17 years ago

Welcome back Shirley!! I don't know if anyone remembers but Peter (Paphraguy) starting his own paph/phrag forum, tried to get everyone to go to his forum, had some sort of GW blowout and then left or got banned or something. I've lurked on his forum, can't remember the URL but I remember it was a pretty good little forum.

-Mimi

• Driftless Roots
    17 years ago

P's forum is going great guns. It probably rates highest in terms of forums where I've saved real, useful content. Hardly any Phal talk at all! ;)

• Ginge
    17 years ago

Hi Shirley ! Ladybugok if that is who you mean posts off and on . Granniek (Shiela ) is still posting .
    Still a few old timers on the gallery , but not on the regular side .. guess they know how to cut an old spike off a Phal. ... Welcome back :) Gin

• aphrodite
    Original Author
    17 years ago

So nice to hear from everyone!

I, like Val, am cleaning out some orchids too. Those that aren't my favorites are going to new homes.

So Pete has his own forum. Will have to check it out.

Have been over in Minneapolis the last few days. My youngest daughter bought a house about 3 blocks from Orchids Limited:( Not probably good for someone trying to thin things out.

Thank you again for responding everyone :)

Shirley