Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
orchidnick

Social correctness.

orchidnick
13 years ago

Ines Sainz, of Mexico's TV Azteca, went to the Jet's dressing room and felt uncomfortable. No kidding! What was she doing there in the first place? What did she expect?

I played high school and college football and am quite familiar with the locker room atmosphere. Guys getting dressed, undressed, getting ready for a shower and otherwise letting it all hang out. Literally. Horse play, slapping each other with towels and joking around is part of the scene.

This blushing maiden was embarrassed by that atmosphere. Go to her web page and look at all the cheese cake photos of the 'hottest reporter of Mexico'. Not my description, this is how she describes herself. She went there by her own free will and from what I hear about her she should have been quite at ease there.

This woman makes a fortune playing on her good looks and her sexuality. The free publicity she is getting right now could not be purchased for a million dollars, I'm sure she is stoking the fires and laughing all the way to the bank.

I would like to hear all the feminist voice, who are cluking at 100 miles an hour about sexual harrassment, comment if a male reporter dared to visite the locker room of a women sport team. If he escapes crucifiction or stoning, castration is the minimum he would be subjected to.

Same as the bacteria thread, what happened to common sense? A men's locker room, be it a local gym or a NFL team is just that, a man's domain, women go there at their own risk. If I think back to my college days, I doubt anyone would cover up on the way to the shower just because a female reporter entered the area. Is there no place left where men can be men? And conversely where women can be women. I have never been in a woman's locker room but I doubt that I would be welcome there. She had no business being there, let's return to a little common sense.

Nick

Comments (6)

• highjack
    13 years ago

I heard an interview with her yesterday. She wasn't really offended - she was told by another, probably butt ugly female reporter - she was being offended.

Now the NFL is offending me for trying to pretend this is a big deal.

You played football in high school & college in Canada?

Brooke

• stitzelweller
    13 years ago

I read the reports in yesterday's newspaper. huh? what's the issue here?

I would never THINK of being in a women's locker rooom.

--Stitz--

• orchidnick
    Original Author
    13 years ago

College football was a little different than here but the same idea. University of Alberta, Edmonton is where I played for a brief time. Before that 2 years in what they call a Junior Football league, the Calgary Bronx. You had to be between 18 and 21 and a high school grad. So between 3 years in HS, 2 years with the Bronx and the 1 incomplete (study pressure)with Edmonton, I enjoyed 6 years of locker rooms with out ever being visited by a comely female.

Nick

• stitzelweller
    13 years ago

Sally Jenkins writes a sports column for the Washington Post. She is highly respected. She spent some time with Sports Illustrated also in between stints with the WP.

Please, read her take re: the latest "controversy" (if it really is one!). The link is below.

--Stitz--

Here is a link that might be useful: Women in locker rooms: a controversy only to those uninvolved

• kwmackdog
    13 years ago

I don't think any of these "locker room" interviews are necessary.
    all the interviews by male and female reporters should be conducted in the media room, if players don't want to take the time to be interviewed there then they should go home.

don't worry i opine that if they want the publicity they will hang around and "chat".

• stitzelweller
    13 years ago

Waay back in the days when Stitz was an athlete, NO reporters were allowed access into the locker room. The locker room was a place for the athlete to recover from injuries without interference. The locker room was a place for an athlete to gather thoughts after a win or loss.

Reporters' were ALLOWED into the parking lot.

--Stitz--