Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stitzelweller

National Football League

stitzelweller
15 years ago

Finally, the season is underway!

The "home" team, Washington Redskins, didn't look good on Thursday against the Super Bowl Champion NY Giants. SO,

I looked for a better performance from the other "local" team. At least, the Baltimore Ravens won!

The Philadelphia Eagles looked awesome.

The Dallas Cowboys looked formidable.

Are there other teams?

NFC East!

Comments (16)

• chickadeedeedee
    15 years ago

STEELERS!

• highjack
    15 years ago

The Ravens only get 1/2 of a win. They played the Bengals and you don't get full credit when you beat them. When you lose to the Bengals you get laughed out of the league :>) so no big deal about the "win". I can't believe I listened to that game on the radio as I repotted my goodies from the MAOC.

Football? College - the best. Go SEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brooke

• stitzelweller
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bengals, Browns.......looks like a LOOOONG season for Ohio teams!

• jodik_gw
    15 years ago

Long, long ago...in a galaxy far, far away... I never missed a Chicago Bears game... and then, they began to suck. That was a lifetime ago...

Now, the satellite tv is tuned to the popular new sport of Mixed Martial Arts, usually UFC, whenever there's a scheduled match.

The husband never watches football or basketball, or any of those sports.

I guess we're just bloodthirsty...

• stitzelweller
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Â Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid '04. Johnny Messner. While exploring the jungles of Borneo, scientists and their guide encounter monstrous, man-eating snakes. (PG-13) (2:00) TBS: Wed. 3 A.M. (CC)

• chryss
    15 years ago

Raiders eat "skins" for breakfast !!!! 4 out of 6 times, check the stats !!!

C-

• jodik_gw
    15 years ago

I think I saw that one, Stitz... the special effects weren't that great! Is that the one with Jennifer Lopez in it?

MMA all the way! Real men don't tap! :-)

• stitzelweller
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Fortunately, I was spared. A private reviewer told me to save my beauty sleep. JLo? Her name isn't listed in the cast.

Chryss, thank you for drawing my attention to the Oakland Raiders. I would have missed reading that the Broncos destroyed the Raiders, 41-14 in Game 1. I enjoyed digesting the stats of that game!

Are the Broncos really that good? I see that the betting public doesn't seem to think so. Against the Chargers in Game 2--Broncos are underdogs by 2 1/2 pts at home!

:-)

--Stitz--

• jodik_gw
    15 years ago

Ya... JLo appears in one of those movies with the giant snakes... since there was more than one made, I'm not sure which she was in... she wouldn't have had top billing, though. And you didn't miss much by not seeing it.

• chryss
    15 years ago

Stitz, read my lips - - Raiders eat S-K-I-N-S !!! Did I say Ponies ? Who's talking about Ponies ?

C-

• stitzelweller
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Chryss,

Dream on! The Raiders and Redskins don't have a scheduled regular season game this year. The only other possibility is a Super Bowl matchup and we both know that those teams aren't that caliber. Relax.

Give the Broncos credit for GUTS! In the remaining seconds of the game, they went for a two point conversion after a TD, won the gamble and the game by ONE point! That's real drama! NOT the stufff of dreams!!

--Stitz--

• stitzelweller
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Cleveland 20
    Cincinatti 12

JOE KAY, ace Sports Writer for the AP wrote:
    "It was ugly all-around."

• westoh Z6
    15 years ago

Here in OH it was called the 'Battle of the Bads'

The game and teams lived up to that moniker...

Jeez...

• stitzelweller
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bob,

It is with a heavy heart that I offer you my condolences. The "real" Cleveland Browns should have remained in place.

--Stitz--

• westoh Z6
    15 years ago

Stitz,

I'm transplanted to OH (19 years) from the Indiana/Illinois border, so I really don't follow OH teams too closely.

I'm more of a Chicago sports fan, Go Cubbies!!!!!!

Let's see, IN has the 'real' Maryland team, and they seem to have made the transition fairly well. That was kind of like a bad renter for you in Maryland, the Colts just got up in the middle of the night, packed and left didn't they?

Bob

• stitzelweller
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You're right, Bob. Robert Irsay's memory is lowly regarded as beneath whale poop.

After seeing Johnny Unitas and the "real" Colts in person, neither the Indianapolis version nor the Ravens give me any true excitement. The beginning of the end for the Baltimore Colts? When they were "demoted" from the NFL to what is now the AFC! :-)

Fortunately, my "home" team (23 miles) is the Redskins. The Ravens (39 miles) provide NFL entertainment when the Washington Redskins are not scheduled to play.

--Stitz--