Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clintdawley

Devil Kitty and B-Day Gift

clintdawley
17 years ago

Okay...Devil Kitty the Stalker..Aka Sasha Khan..did a bad bad thing.

My other half brought me home a Burr. Nelly Isler 'Swiss Beauty' with four spikes last night and while in her favorite spot in the house this morning (pictured), She decided to flail out more than usual, just enough to knock said plant off the growing stand and snapping the most mature spike. Wouldn't you know it was the only one staked...the other spikes are at least a month from blooming...

{{gwi:135604}}

{{gwi:135609}}

Comments (10)

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    17 years ago

Send the cat to me. I can cure it of that behavior. Do you like steaks or sausage?

Happy Strange Looking Bird Day

K

• cbarry
    17 years ago

Yup, that's why my 2 kitties (well, the 2 dogs too) aren't allowed in the orchid room. They don't seem to mess with the plants in the bay window, but I cringe at the thought of 'kitty' jumping onto the 'bench'. They are not small cats, and I envision a Godzilla-like smashing of anything in their path as they stomp across the table.

The cats do like to help me water, but then they are being supervised.

I fear thievery by the dogs more than anything else. They're very stealthy, and like to appropriate 'trophies'.

Sorry about the spike Clint!

LOL,
    Carolyn

• cbarry
    17 years ago

Oh, and Happy Birthday Clint!!!

Carolyn

• Driftless Roots
    17 years ago

Bad bad kitty!!!

Happy Birthday in spite of bad bad kitty!

• dottyinduncan
    17 years ago

I have a new kitty who came into my garden room to watch me water. She walked over to the only plant in spike and bit it off.
    My dh won't let me make sausage and steaks but I am tempted

• ginnibug
    17 years ago

happy belated b-day Clinty! Gee that orchid growing area looks alittle more PACKED!!!! then the last time I saw a picture of it. I'm happy to see somebody else has a soft spot for black kitties too. I have three right now.gb

• amyleee217
    17 years ago

I say you send the kitty away and get one of these instead - he won't make you sneeze, won't chomp on spikes, and can't accidentally knock things over :) sorry about yout spike!

{{gwi:135611}}

• penelope14
    17 years ago

Hi Clint,

I have 3 cats, 2 adults and a 7 month old kitten. One adult cat could care less about plants while the other adult is my "plant predator". She is banned from my 2 growing areas and other plants outside of those areas are in inaccessible places (for her).

The kitten may go either way. Right now, everything goes into her mouth and everything is a toy. I've caught her gnawing on a few leaves so I have a feeling she'll get labeled as a "plant predator" too.

I figure any damage done to my plants is my responsibility since I'm in charge of the cats. I look at it as a learning experience to be more vigilant.

Happy Belated Birthday BTW!

Penelope

• clintdawley
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks, everyone..for the kind words and well wishes. My birtday was fun (I ate and had the biggest food hang-over I've ever had on Friday).

Kitty has been good for the last few days :)

• picotee_sofl
    17 years ago

We have a new devil kitty of our own, Clint. He loves walking on the ledge over the balcony growing bench and threatens to take a nibble of a hanging root now and then but no major damage yet. I think he only does it when he sees me watching him. He's quite the gamester and knows I'll come running. Problem is he's so adorable I can't get mad. LOL Glad you had a happy b'day and that Kitty is behaving. :>)

Marci

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations