Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clintdawley

Don't you hate it when...

clintdawley
18 years ago

Your kitty finds a new place to sleep that provides you with a bit of inconvenience :)

{{gwi:135634}}

Comments (16)

• sambac
    18 years ago

Man, that looks so nice and cozy...

• cbarry
    18 years ago

Aw c'mon- in my house a towel placed just like that is a call for the kitties to sleep there. It's severely hypnotic- they can't resist.

This looks like they're being set up, if you ask me.

Carolyn

• clintdawley
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Carolyn :)

I put the towel there so I wouldn't have to continually clean up the kitty hair that he's been depositing there for the last couple of weeks.

I guess I'm enabling him at this point. But, don't you find it strange that you cats cycle through different places in the house in what seems to be a couple of month periods.

• cbarry
    18 years ago

Clint-

Actually, I agree with you- I have towels in similar places. And your comment about them moving every few months is interesting- mine do the same thing, although the top of the loveseat (as opposed to the couch) is the absolute favorite. To the point that they've smushed down both sides of the top of the loveseat into a concave nest area. DH often comments that they're moving into a new phase becasue of a new favorite spot.

Carolyn

• cjwatson
    18 years ago

I have a kitty that looks just like yours, but mine is feral and only comes in once or twice a day for an hour or so. I put towels down too, mostly for my two house cats.

• bada
    18 years ago

what's that cute tiny mountie hanging in the left corner of the window? boy, the phal looks mighty healthy there...

I like cats... from a distance...one time we stayed at a friend's place to housesit and her two cats would not leave us alone every morning at 5am (!)...for food, of course. and of course, they wouldn't let us sit on the sofa's...yeah, that did it for me and cats.

bada

• clintdawley
    Original Author
    18 years ago

bada,

The mountie is Phal. lowii and it has lost all of its leaves at the moment.

I let it dry out too much and it thought "okay, dormancy time". Hopefully it's just dormant and not dead. I don't think I'll let him dry out any more.

Bada, All of my phals except lowii at the moment look like incredible hulks. Thanks :)

• neyra
    18 years ago

Well I gave up on different spots in my house. 6 cats have done me in.

Neyra

• cbrf4irider
    18 years ago

Here are my kitties. My Shady baby (the one on the bottom) looks just like yours! SQL (or Sequel) is the one with a taste for orchids! BTW, this is now my secondary orchid table :)

{{gwi:135636}}

• clintdawley
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Too cute Nicole!

You must be a database geek like myself if you named your cat SQL.

My baby boy's name is Fritz. He does look like Shady Baby..but has light green eyes instead of amber-colored ones and Fritz probably has a gut twice the size :)

• cbrf4irider
    18 years ago

It's DH who's the geek ;) We got two kittens before and named them Ascii and Syntax, but they already had parvo and there was little chance of survival so ... :~(

Shady is naturally bigger than SQL, but SQL has developed more of a gut. She likes her salmon fancy feast!

Shady's eyes were AMAZING when she was a kitten--bright orange like a pumpkin! And when the light hit them--wow.

• cbarry
    18 years ago

SQL, Ascii, and Syntax... I LOVE it!

And I understand the names, so I suppose I'm the geek in my house-

lol,
    carolyn

• cbrf4irider
    18 years ago

Yeh, then there's Shady ... we couldn't call her anything else cuz as a kitten she was either fierce or frightened. Plus she's all gray. Now that she's older she's calmed down, so now she's Momma's Shady Baby!

• picotee_sofl
    18 years ago

Adorable kitties. Mine also find new perches every few weeks. Right now they insist on sleeping in my hubby's armoir. They discovered an empty space one day when I was about to load it with newly washed clothes. Now they are so insistent, I have to empty out two cubicles so they can snuggle in. Sure hope they discover a new spot soon. LOL

• arthurm
    18 years ago

Seems like most orchids growers are cursed with these useless layabouts. Just let them out for their morning constitutional. Yes, i do have a prime sleeping spot in a glasshouse when no orchid is ever placed. Sob. It is also a prime growing spot.

• cbarry
    18 years ago

Arthur-

Those "useless layabouts" always know the best place for a nap in the sun!

But c'mon, none of us have mice, right? So they must be doing something, besides being cute and cuddley.

Actually mine (1 of 2, the 2nd being a truely useless layabout) likes to bring the presents home alive. He seems to really not want to hurt them. And getting them in the house is pretty easy since we leave the back slider open if we're home. Not usually mice though, generally birds and chipmunks. The snake phase was years ago...

Carolyn

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting