Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stitzelweller

Sarah! part 2

stitzelweller
13 years ago

Palin supported the Republican candidate for Senate in Alaska. The winner? Palin's arch-enemy, Murkowski (did I spell it correctly?) the write-in candidate.

Thanks for contributing, Sarah! In your HOME state! The winner is a write-in candidate!!

Palin totally blew the Republican primary for the Governor in Maryland. Her candidate was trounced. He never asked for her "help" ! Thanks, Sarah! You weren't asked to contribute, yet you did.

Now, Palin is considering a "run" for the Presidency of the USA in 2012?

hahaha!!

--Stitz--

Comments (7)

• arthurm
    13 years ago

Write-in Candidates!!! Things sure are complicated over there.

• westoh Z6
    13 years ago

Even though I've always thought she got the shaft from the Republican party in the 2008 election and have a 'soft' spot for her because of it, seems to me the more she is out in the public eye the more she seems to be a little too extreme. Sometimes I'm pretty sure she really doesn't understand what she is talking about.

Hopefully someone will step up in the next year.

Bob

• orchidnick
    13 years ago

I read a frightening analysis of a scenario that could make her our next president.

If she can win the GOP primary, which is a long shot, but given the GOP's history of committing suicide by nominating a radical conservative candidate, it's possible. Once that out of the way can she win the presidency? The answer is a resounding NO. She has no chance of winning on a level playing field.

Obama on the other hand can LOOSE the presidency. If the war in Afghanistan goes sour, the economy tanks again, Al Quaida strikes successfully and/or any other number of negative scenarios unfold, Obama's base could stay at home and he could loose to whomever the GOP run, even if it's Charlie Manson.

A sobering thought.

Nick

• stitzelweller
    Original Author
    13 years ago

"...given the GOP's history of committing suicide by nominating a radical conservative candidate..."

Nick, While Senator Barry Goldwater had NO chance of beating President Lyndon Johnson in 1964, he went full steam ahead anyway. Goldwater set the stage for future Republican victories. Check the history books. Republican candidates WON 7 of the following 11 Presidential contests, a very impressive record!

I firmly believe that EX-Governor Palin is setting the same course with a 'damn the torpedoes' mentality. She intends to change the landscape, come hell or high water.

In a contest of Palin vs Obama, it's a no-brainer with me - Palin. My vote is symbolic. Maryland is now a solid Demo state.

--Stitz--

• orchidnick
    13 years ago

I liked Goldwater and Nixon both, Ford was a benign gentleman. Reagan,in my opinion ruined this country. Bush senior OK, Bush junior a disaster.

I'm not worried about Palin running and changing the landscape, let her, no problem. What gives me nightmares is Palin winning because Obama self destructs in the convergence of a perfect storm.

Nick

• arthurm
    13 years ago

According to an article i read today some 80+% of Republicans support Sarah Palin as does Rupert M. This is scary stuff as is the fact that the American peso is nearly on a par with the Australian peso.
    That is fine if i want to buy a new golf club from there rather than from the local golf pro. but it means that my hard earned invested over there has dwindled further in value. sob! sob! Watch out for begging letters.

• stitzelweller
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Arthur,
    I agree with you that a Murdoch/Palin pairing is scary stuff! Please, take Rupert back!? A Republican version of George Soros?!