Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lunaticvulpine

uhmm since that one class

lunaticvulpine
18 years ago

now that im slowly lerning how to do stuff.... would it be ok to put the odd bit of music on my posts? i thought every one might enjoy it, its nothing racous or loud just some nice beat on my site.. btw in case you were wondering you can check out my member page to hear it. those of you on dial up still will prolly have to site there and wait a little bit im posting here before i start adding this to all my posts.. then again maybe no one wants that odd bit of music.. ..... :)

Gaston

Comments (13)

• picotee_sofl
    18 years ago

Sorry, Gaston, neat that you know how to do it but I keep my PC sound muted - hate the beeps, squeaks and squawky computer sounds. I play background music on my sound system. Others may enjoy the music, though.

• turkeytaker
    18 years ago

I, not to be rude, HATE having music on websites, posts, etc. It's really, really, really annoying and you have to consider that everyone's musical tastes are not similar. It's even worse if you are listening to music and have some extraneous noise muddling up the music. Everytime it happens, I promptly hit the back button and never go back to the site. Thank you for having the consideration to ask. It shall be interesting to see what everyone else thinks.

Here is a link that might be useful: This is the prime example of web-music annoyances.

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    18 years ago

I echo the above. Thank you so much for asking, but PLEASE don't do it. I am probably in the minority, but I almost never, ever listen to music of any type and really hate it when I am forced to do so. GW has become so saturated with ads and such that anything which is going to slow down even more the simple process of reading posts might just push me over the edge.

We had a discussion about something similar on the plant exchange forum. Many people who keep seed and plant exchange lists also like to add lots and lots of cute graphics and dancing bunnies and all that kind of crap to their pages. The minute I come across one of those pages, I hit the back button. Just give me simple text - nothing else. Everything else just takes too much time to load and I won't do it.

Again, please, please don't do it and thank you so much for asking.

K

• tuezday1
    18 years ago

I hate cheesy music on websites, as well as dancing bunnies etc. I don't even like smilies.

I've got some nice gadgets for streaming internet radio, I prefer to pick my own music.

• lunaticvulpine
    Original Author
    18 years ago

lol ok :) no problemo i was bored sorry christmas and me dont usually mesh well.... uhm public education and kids with tourettes dont particularly mesh well

• arthurm
    18 years ago

What about those people who have been struck by the blue light. You go to their websites to look at orchids and you get funeral parlour music, wallpaper, the message and precious few orchids.
    But even worse, those young guys, their whole world is their car and the 5000 megawat sound system. They pull up beside you at the traffic lights and you can feel your car shaking with transmitted power.
    Gaston, thank you. NO.

• tuezday1
    18 years ago

Gaston, let me tell you a secret, since you are getting into web design; Web sites that are designed using every possible bell and whistle, scream newbie.

• cjwatson
    18 years ago

No music for me, please. I also keep my computer on mute. And for those on dial-up, it slows page access down to intolerable levels.

• Ginge
    18 years ago

Mine is muted , I am on dial up ,slow speed . Thanks for asking before doing :) Gin

• michigoose
    18 years ago

Golly! Google and ivillage both have been making me snarl with their stupid sound bites...compounded when they interfere with each other...ICKY POOH! And I also hate those sacchriniy sites which have "feel good" music.... blech. I prefer my own "Jump!" to all this stuff!

• kwmackdog
    18 years ago

i keep the sound muted too. what i hate is those annoying things that follow the cursor around all over the page leaving a trail of the same image behind. sux, lunatic please don't even think aboudit. ;)

• cbarry
    18 years ago

I really hate non-music websites that automatically play sound files. I find it to be intrusive.

There's a yoga site that I occasionally visit for DH, and they have sound, argh!

carolyn

• ntgerald
    18 years ago

I hate webpages with music.

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert