Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lunaticvulpine

new things learned by the house fire

lunaticvulpine
16 years ago

in march my house was well charred nicely. and i had no power fo the sun room.. lol sooo as temps rose so did my learning curve for the chids. and this is what it boiled down to..( sorry for the rant)

1. it's horribly unnatural to grow warm and cool growers right next to each other. how i managed it. is beyond me

2. i know how to get my stans to bloom ... and i got a cultural at my OS for doing it mwa hahaha. water all winter with hold in the spring flowers by summer

3. i can't grow most phals they hate me and will die.. except for a chosen few.. me thinks this i cause i change the medium from what i get them in

4. i still can't bloom that mltsa. CMF " Izumi" that Carolyn gave me years back... but i made 5 neat divisions out of it

5. 165 orchids in total lost and most of them are the ones i tried to save lol.. proves my point. give them the bare minimum and they will strive, compost the rest

6. its a helluva lot cheaper to set up a whole sellers account and get plants replaced like that and then hope to sell the rest to recoup the losses.

7. lizards make very good very, potent pest control weapons. now i have a few resident geckos.

8. its possible to give Ang. magdalenae, Den. spectabile and

Neofinetia.falcata to much sun

9. i cant grow cyc's and ctsm's well but i continue to send them to heaven =D

1. and finally shelving isnt such a bad idea.i organised a ton of stuff that normally sits around .. hind sight 20/20

Gaston

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022