Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cbrf4irider

Happy New Year, Aussie!

cbrf4irider
18 years ago

To our neighbors to the East: Happy New Year!

I see you had quite a fireworks show!

Unfortunately, it's too dry in Texas for any fireworks this year, but I'll send out a big 'Yee Haw' to the Westerners in a few hours ...

Comments (7)

• carleen_a
    18 years ago

thanks & the same to you. It was quite a show wasn't it? It's pretty dry here too, but the fireworks usually seem to go ahead even with a total fire ban - probably helps that the big show is on the harbour. I seem to remember a couple of years ago, the fireworks had to be called off in a particularly bad fire period - Arthur will remember exactly when I'm sure. My partner lives in a unit with a magnificent (but distant) view of the Harbour Bridge so we stayed home & watched from there this year. I've really only just surfaced!

Happy New Year to everybody on the other sides of all the puddles we are surrounded by - let's make it a good one!
    Carleen

• arthurm
    18 years ago

Happy new year to Nicole, Lisa, Gin, Komi, Bada and everyone on the dark side. The last few months have been great. Keep up the good work.

Carleen, yours is a timely post, i've just been down the backyard and moved your little baby to a cooler spot. (its 39.3C/ 25% humidity in the shade.) Sprayed the Galah.
    Sorry, I'm not a party animal, went to snoozy land well before pumpkin time.

• komi
    18 years ago

Happy New Year!

Spending the next hour trying to prevent as many mealies as possible from seeing 2006. Then, I expect to be planting a terrarium when the clock turns.

I will be kicking off the new year by going into work on a Sunday - up until about 5 mins ago, I was really bitter about it, but I think I've worked that out of my system. Finally.

Plan is to take the terr into the office to test how quickly the orchids will cook on the windowsill.

And I've planned ahead. I've already taken steps to help make that annual resolution not to buy too many plants a bit easier - placed the order yesterday so I should be good for a while ;-)

good growing, everyone!

(where are the chia pics??????)

• cbrf4irider
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yeeee Hawwwww! Happy New Year to the, erm, Eastern West! Weeeooowww... 'Kay I'm tired. Going to bed.

Oh, P.S. Arthur: Thanks, I feel loved :)

• tuezday1
    18 years ago

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Hey, Arthur forgot me!!! I'm gonna cry.

Champagne, new guy, oh yeah, NYE was quite fun.

Laura

• michigoose
    18 years ago

happy belated New Years....well, I guess it lasts the whole day for us, doesn't it? We were out at my dh's boss's house. Pretty fun, I played pool and I haven't done that since high school....consequently I stank...But then again, maybe I stank in high school too. :)

I should have logged on. We came home at 1 am, dh went to bed and promptly started snoring. I couldn't find my ear plugs so I went to sleep in the guest bedroom at 3. Now my tail feathers are draggin! lol.....

May all of you have health, wealth, love and time to enjoy them in.

• arthurm
    18 years ago

Oops, Laura how could i forget you. Profuse grovelling apologies. That is the problem when you get on the thank you trail. You always have a senior moment.
    Now to new years resolutions.
    1. I will not get angry with other motorists. I will remain calm at all times.
    2. I will read the Filepro. manual
    3. I will reduce the size of my orchid collection
    4. I will go to the golf course and practice
    5. I will not make a mess in the Dragon Woman's house
    6. Enough of fantasies.
    Happy New Year and Good Orchid growing to everyone.

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County