Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cbarry_gw

Calling all dog lovers!

cbarry
18 years ago

Kevin and are are feeling lonely, please check in!

carolyn

Comments (19)

• michigoose
    18 years ago

I'm a critter lover...If I had a brain, I'd post a picture of Luna in the thread, but I'm not, so you'll have to live with the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Luna

• cbarry
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Luna is a beauty! I just LOVE huskies!

I'll have to post a picture of Yogi tonight.

carolyn

• michigoose
    18 years ago

I was a little worried last night...we came home from a going away party to find that Lunadini had pulled another escape...somehow she opened the back gate and her battery on her invisible fence had run dry, so she was out wandering the neighborhood while we were at a restaurant.

I guess her 11 years of age has made her a little smarter....she came from god knows where when I called her and started out with her leash and a flashlight. It was a dark, wet, sloppy night and I was grateful I didn't have to slog through the neighborhood with my good clothes. I HATE cold rain. Evidently, she must too. ; )

• greenprof
    18 years ago

this is anne's christmas present. one day the beginning of december someone came down the street we live on and poisoned all the dogs on it, including ours. anne wanted a sheltie. it only looks like a sheltie, though. we have two kittens and missy thinks she is one too.

{{gwi:136028}}

kevin b

• cbarry
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Kevin,

I hope that person geets what he deserves! What a horrible thing to do!

Lucky Annie- Missy's adorable!

Here's our Yogi, although this picture is about a year old. He's only 9-10 months old here.
    {{gwi:136029}}

Here's a more recent picture of Yogi with his 2 roomies (Coho and Puck).
    {{gwi:136030}}

Carolyn

• drvinnie
    18 years ago

What sweet little dogs. My mongrels (actually purebreds) are from the lower left

{{gwi:136031}}

Ashei, Collette, Spike
    next tier is Leo and Lola
    and in the back is Coco.

Happy New Year,

Vince

• cbrf4irider
    18 years ago

Aww, all faces even a cat-lover could love!

Happy New Year ;)

• Ginge
    18 years ago

This is Lacey my Great Dane ,she is 8 getting very grey . I know what I would like to do to the dog murderer . Can't say here . Gin
    {{gwi:136032}}

• cbarry
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Vince,

Are Leo and Lola those mini (or Italian?) greyhounds?

Carolyn

• drvinnie
    18 years ago

Carolyn: Yes, Italian Greyhound brother and sister from different litters. Unlike full size greyhounds, these little guys are bundles of energy. They are also very affectionate. However, I would not recommend them to everyone since they can be very, very naughty. Plus, they're very smart; a bad combination.

Vince

• ginnibug
    18 years ago

Boy Ginge I really miss my dane Hagar and my Neo Mastiff Ugh-a-Boo. Those were my two big boys. Most people moved over to the other side of the street when we went out. Little did they know both would rather have a back pat instead of biting someone. Although they did have their protective moments.My girls were wonderful too (1 shepard & 1 rottie shep mix). Always by my side. At one point we had 12 mostly large dogs in this house. Plus 6 cats a pig and a bird. We were doing work for Mastiff rescue at the time. Now all I have are my two Schipperke and a Bichon that had been one of my client's who has now since pasted. Plus 2 cats a bird and a pig. God I wish the pig would die,one can always hope!!!!!!!gb

• michigoose
    18 years ago

hmmm Gb, bacon? No...here's a funny story, which is absolutely true. I did some work for an exhibition at a nature center where one of the beloved animals was a Vietnamese pot bellied pig named "Galobki" (galumpke? I'm not Polish and this is the word for cabbage roll). This was in New Britain, CT which has a LARGE Polish population, hence the name for the pig. Every year, the nature center had periogi supper, and sold perogis.

About two months after the periogi supper, someone called and asked if they still had periogi. The director said, no. The caller asked what happened to Periogi. The director responded," Well, it's all been eaten." There was dead silence on the other end. It turned out the caller was asking about the pig, Galobki, and got the other Polish food confused....

• lunaticvulpine
    18 years ago

... i know what the whole dog murder thing feels like.. some one poisend my dog three weeks after i was retired/released from the military.. the bad thing is... im a very vengeful person in some ways..... the worse thing is i know who and where the person who poisoned my dog lives.... the good thing is... im better then that..

• drvinnie
    18 years ago

Gaston: I don't know how you find the strength. If anyone deliberately harmed a hair on one of my mutts, I'd end up in jail. They aren't just pets, they're my "children". Furry "children" but nonetheless part of my family. Of course, I'm a sneeky person, I'd probably wait and do it without a trace of evidence. Vince

• Ginge
    18 years ago

Gaston I am so sorry about your loss . Like Vince I would be in jail .
    Ginnibug bet the PB. pig outlives all of us , I am not going to get another large dog when Laceys time is up . I love them but the 50 lb. dog food sacks get heavier by the year , Still laughing about Lis's post umm good ! lol Gin

• lunaticvulpine
    18 years ago

eh. youd be amazed ive plotted out that whole familys weekly routine and at one point was prolly gonna end up in prison... but.. my wonderful fiance talked me out of it... but let them touch my brothers dog. and then ill be singing the folsom prison blues..... any ways you all have some reallll kewl doggies.. i think i might get another one some time from now. i especially like the one that looks like a sheltie

• cbarry
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Even if I could hold myself back, I don't think that I could hold DH back. Yogi is really his, and he's DH's pride and joy and daily companion *everywhere* across the county. The dog sees more of the county than I do!

Carolyn

• turkeytaker
    18 years ago

We've got way too many to post pics of all of them, but I'll post a few.

{{gwi:136033}}

These are two babies we kept out of our last litter. The brown one is Phoenix (my dad's new child) and the orange one is Penny (the vil child who can work the ice maker.)

{{gwi:136034}}

This is my Ellie puppy with me over the summer. She just turned a year about two months ago and is MY evil child.

Love the pics of everyone else's dogs, and it's quite nice to know everyone isn't a cat person. Stacy

• cbrf4irider
    18 years ago

Thanks for sharing, folks! I love animals of all kinds (I once had an iguana, and would love to get a hedgehog someday). Lacey looks like a smart dog, and Penny is the most adorable thing I've seen since Vince's post! But if it were up to DH, he'd want to take home Yogi to play with in the yard ... if only we had a yard, we'd have a dog!