Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
foxgardeneruga

Cymbidium situational care wisdom needed

foxgardeneruga
10 years ago

Alright, so last weekend I was able to propagate a few things from a friend's greenhouse and one of the things I just had to have was a lovely maroon/red blooming cymbidium. It just so happened that the pot was literally bursting with pseudobulbs, and one was growing out the crack in the side of the pot. It also happens, this pseudobulb had 2 bloom spikes in peak on it. So I pried it out, unfortunately with almost no roots attached, cut the spikes and gave them to my girlfriend to enjoy in a vase in her kitchen, and potted up my little trophy in some orchid bark labeled 'for epiphytic orchids phalaenopsis, epidendrum, dendrobium, etc'. I will also mention, this pseudobulb has a little initiate of new growth that is not visible in the image because I planted it deep enough that it doesn't show, in order that the plant might stand upright in the pot.

So my questions are thus. What should I do at this point to try to get it to root properly, grow vigorously, and live beautifully so that I might grow it into a clump of my own?
It seems to be somewhat stagnant at the moment, and I'm wondering if I've done something wrong. If so, please tell me what, and how I might rectify that, if possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting