Return to the Orchids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snow on the way, what to do?

Posted by forapple SF Bay Area (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 25, 11 at 0:18

Hi all,

The forecast calls for snow and record low this weekend. I have two Vandas hanging in the front porch. Normally I just move them to the garage at night when it gets to 40's.

Tomorrow, it will dip into the low 30's, not sure if I should move them inside the house. I'm just afraid that it might be too big a change and they might not like it but also don't know where else to put them. What do you think?

Thanks,
Apple

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snow on the way, what to do?

They will prefer the house to the cold. Of course move them inside.

Brooke

o

Thanks, Brooke. I will put them in the coolest place in the house so they are not too stressed from the temperature change.

It may not snow after all, so disappointing... everyone was so excited about the first snowfall in 35 years.

o

Don't rule it out just yet...
There's supposedly more snow on the way tonight/tomorrow.
Even without snow, temps will drop.

We had snow today (Auburn), and got out of school early.
Best of both worlds: out early on a Friday, and all the students were able to enjoy
a snow day that we won't have to make up in June.

Good luck this weekend!

Josh

Click for Auburn, California Forecast

o

Josh, you're lucky. It wasn't cold enough when the rain was here so we didn't have snow. Maybe it's time to head to Tahoe :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here