Return to the Orchids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bloom starting to wilt

Posted by bahales Utah (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 5, 12 at 1:13

I'm new to growing orchids and just got a new Phal a week ago. One new bloom has opened up since I got it, but another is starting to wilt. It seems to me like it shouldn't be getting ready to fall off yet, and I'm worried I'm doing something wrong. Any ideas?

Here is a link that might be useful: Wilting bloom pic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bloom starting to wilt

If you are still getting buds to open, don't worry about the wilted bloom - it sounds very normal.

Brooke

o
RE: Bloom starting to wilt

I agree with Brooke, if it is still opening blooms you probably have nothing to worry about. It is normal for older blooms to fall off even as newer ones are still growing and opening. So no worries (yet!) and hope you enjoy your new phal :)

Here is a link that might be useful: OrchidCare Reblooming

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here