Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Psychopsis

that is a beauty !!!

o

Just lovely. Their little faces are different from plant to plant.

Yes, we're in different parts of the world, but how do you grow yours?

Whitecat8

o

I love mine, too. Mine bloomed last fall and it is holding a new bud but seems stalled. It did, however, get a new growth over the winter that has done very well.

I think it is waiting form my house to warm up a bit. I can't wait, it's such an interesting bloom.

Susan

o

Thanks guys!!

Your right Susan the warm weather will crank things up!

WC, I grow the psychopsis in straight lava rock in an clay orchid pot. In summer it's watered daily (keeping in mind I am in Florida and a greenhouse grower) I go with a daily wet/dry cycle with pretty much everything. It's in the same light as my catts (3000+fc). It flowers almost nonstop, two spikes, starting a third.. I also have mendenhal and a papilio var aurea that I grow mounted. I really *love* this plant tho.....poor thing. This plant started off as a small piece of a plant a dear lady gave me. Hurricane Frances had blown it out of her tree and into a garage two blocks away. Then, last summer, a squirrel dumped this plant out of it's pot and carried it up a tree. My husband shot it down with the BB gun (the plant). So .....it's been through so much lol. It's had some serious setbacks. I don't know if the "nine lives" thing applies ...............I would think so......
Pat.....

o

Beautiful Pat but what is the yellow blooming fool in back of the psychopsis?

Brooke

o

That blooming fool is Oncidium Grower Ramsey!

o

my fav also. Mine just opened another bloom and durn it, I broke off one of it's 'antennea' while moving it into the house. I bumped the ceiling fan. Your plant sounds like a determined survivor! Happy growing.

Sheila :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here