Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Wanted to share some pics with nice people here of Orchid Show

meyermike_1micha
12 years ago

Just wanted to share a few pictures with you fine folks here. If I could of bought one of everything, I would of! They were all so beautiful and thousands to choose from. I managed to find a grower who has the BLC Golden Tang thanks to you Lumpy!

{{gwi:144221}}

{{gwi:144222}}

{{gwi:144223}}

{{gwi:144225}}

{{gwi:144227}}

{{gwi:144228}}

{{gwi:144229}}

{{gwi:144230}}

{{gwi:144231}}

{{gwi:144232}}

{{gwi:144233}}

{{gwi:144234}}

{{gwi:144235}}

{{gwi:144236}}

{{gwi:73851}}

Comments (15)

• orchid126
    12 years ago

Thank you! I'm in Seventh Heaven!

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    12 years ago

Hey, Mike, I thought you said you didn't get very many photos ;-)
    Seriously, I bet that was a fun event....despite the high prices on those orchids.
    Was there a pleasant smell throughout the showroom? I don't think I've ever been
    around that many orchids all at once....

So, buddy, did you pick up anything else? ;-)

Josh

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    12 years ago

Thanks for the jaw-dropping pics. I'm wondering if that lime green Paph edible because I sure want to take a bite out of it.

Dar

• James _J
    12 years ago

Nice photos. I'm going to a show today, hoping to get the Angraecum Jane posted in the other tread. Enjoy the Tang

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hey everyone!

Josh! Well, I thought I didn't until I looked at my photos.lol

I only bought 5 from there and they were donated ones from members for a small penny! One was about 6 dollars and the rest 2..lol Many I got were Hybrids of Cattleya and Dendrobiums. I will name them coming up once I make the tags for them.
    I did manage to get a BEAUTY that was ten years old from a member there whom needed a good laugh in exchange! She sold it VERY cheap and I will snap that one too.

I did see the Angraecum there, but a good and generous member here saved me that expense.
    I can't wait to get that Tang one Lumpy speaks of.

I have a few more Orchids opening up on me that took me by surprise and I will post them soon too.
    The fragrance in there was to die for! I LOVED the chocolate and vanilla smelling ones.

Dar: You are right.lol. Many flowers in there look so edible! They were so sweet looking.

Lumpy: Good luck and let us know what you come up with! I love that one too! You should of see the ones they had in flower there. It was tempted to buy one, but I held off:-)

Please share some pics with us. I never intended to take great snap shots, so go for it and get back to us, please
    :-). Make sure you only plan on spending only a certain amount because it can be soooooooooo easy to spend a lot.lol
    You should of seen the hand made pots there! I bought a few and that is where most of my money dropped. The lady said I helped her pay part of her electric bill..Hummm?

12 years ago

Hey, Mike, you got some good deals!

My 'Josh Green' Orchid is still putting on a private show at my place....I took it out to the
    deck rail for a photo-shoot this morning. I thought you might like to see how the flowers are
    holding up. Still going strong....

{{gwi:112994}}

• James _J
    12 years ago

Well I'm back with a few additions

Angraecum Sesquipedale
    Dendrobium Kingianum
    Dendrobium Atroviolaceum
    Sobralia Callosa
    Sophronitella Violacea
    Masdevallia Copper Angel
    Phragmipedium Besseae Hybrid

Now I'm broke.

• triciami5
    12 years ago

Thank-you for sharing. They are gorgeous, I would have come out of there bankrupt. Never saw so many lovelies in one place. That must have been some tough decisions. tricia

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh Josh!

Thanks so much for this pic. I just love that your Orchid!
    Look at how long those flowers are lasting. You know, I think it has a lot to do with the hand behind its care.
    It is just lovley.
    Thanks so much for adding more color to this thread for sure:-)
    Like I said Josh, I had not seen even one at that show that came close to yours. Yours is a keeper for sure!

I think it was such an act of kindness for your Grandpa to hand you such a beauty and to have confindence in you, knowing that you could care for it that way.

Lumpy!!! You are incontrol of your finances now are you? lol. It is impossible when you see so many possibilities.. Now to make room for them right? I think I have the Orchid fever Lumpy, let alone Citrus.
    I am still on the prowl for that Golden Tang one.;-)

Y.W Triciami:-)

Mike

12 years ago

Thanks, Mike!
    By the way, I asked someone without a stuffed nose to describe my Orchid's scent...
    it was described as faintly rose-like, with just a hint of spiciness. I hope that helps ;-)

Josh

• James _J
    12 years ago

Hi Mike

Well I still had money for lunch so it wasn't that bad, space is another issue altogether. I can always make more money making more space is harder.

Sometimes I feel like getting the flowers is more fun than having the flowers. The whole process from searching for things you want and finding things you didn't know you wanted. Keep looking I'm sure you will come across a Tang and a 100 other things along the way.

• jodik_gw
    12 years ago

I don't usually drop in over here, but for you, Mike... and the few other regulars here who have been so nice to me in the past, I made an exception. Josh, good to see you, too, of course. :-)

I love all the photos... and Josh, that is a lovely flower! I'm glad I got a chance to see it!

It's been so long since I've stopped in... that the Den keiki I was gifted with a few years ago finally began its first set of buds. Unfortunately, they shriveled and died before getting a chance to open, but at least I now know the plant is of age and size to bloom. I believe it's simply too dry in the environment I have to offer it, and my husband works with electronics, so a humidifier is not on the menu. It's ok... I'm just happy it's alive and flourishing, and next year I'm sure to get more buds... and I'll be ready with a helping hand of some type... I've got some time to figure it out, and Mike has actually given me some good suggestions.

Take care, people... and happy growing!

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh Jodik! Thank you. I really appreciate this. I never would of thought you would of stopped by:-)

You have orchids and are aquiring more. You should hang out with us here more often. I love this forum. So many very helpful people and I have been learning so much.

I have seen your orchid and it is very cute! I can see that giving you nice flowers some day.

I am honored for your visit and please, keep coming by:-)
    We did come up with a plan, didn't we?

Hello Josh!

Mike

• shirley-z-8-tx
    12 years ago

Thanks for sharring. I have never been to an orchid show so that was the next best thing.

• jodik_gw
    12 years ago

My pleasure, Mike! But I think I'll stick to the other forums I frequent... I only have so much time to read and post, and well... you know...

Talk at ya soon! :-)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH