Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vickys_gw

Re: Sarcochilus hartmanni, fitzhart, fitzgeraldii

vickys
10 years ago

I'm looking for this little beauties but I cannot find a nursery in Canada that sells them.
I'm looking for Sarcochilus hartmannii, fitzhart, fitzgeraldii
Please let me where can I buy them
Thanks

Comments (4)

• orchidnick
    10 years ago

Santa Barbara Orchid Estates has all 3 (one is sold out). You could have them sent to me and I'll change the address on the package and kick it up north. Chances are 99% you'll get it. Don't fully understand the rules of engagement when it comes to shipping orchids to and fro Canada. Fraser's Thimble Farm in BC sends orchids down here all the time. No import permit is required and they are straight about it, listing accurately the contents of the package. They include a phyto but no CITES. I have talked about it to them and they say that a special relationship exists between Canada and the US. I sent my late mother in Calgary orchids all the time and never had a problem. She got started with the hobby when I brought her some Phaelies for Mother's Day, carried openly in full view from the airplane through customs. No objection. If you are interested email me privately.

Nick

• lisa_z5wmi
    10 years ago

I can't help you with a nursery in Canada, but if you figure out the shipping, Porter's orchids here in Michigan carries a number of Sarcochilus. I have two of his from divisions of his plants. His big plants usually show up at one of the spring shows and are fabulous.

• vickys
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you both Nick and Lisa for the info.
    Nick I find your info in all your posts very helpful and you have beautiful orchids. Thanks for the offer to help me getting the Sarco from SBOE, but I'm leaving on Tuesday for Maui and when I come back I might do that or as Lisa said I can even drive to Porter's greenhouse in Saginaw area this spring. I check the Porters and they have the ones I'm looking for
    Thanks again

• lisa_z5wmi
    10 years ago

Porter's is in Grand Ledge close to Lansing. He shows up to several of the Michigan shows. The MOS show over by Detroit might be the closest for you- I think it is April 12th. He also generally does a summer and a winter open house with food and decent discounts. I don't remember if he goes to the Saginaw show -closer to Mt. Pleasant- but that is held over Thanksgiving weekend. Have fun in Maui!

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH