Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maw3351

Chiloschista not doing well, help!

maw3351
10 years ago

Hi!

I'm new here. I have this super cool tiny Chiloschista segawai that I purchased from Hausermann. It came mounted on a little board and completely surrounded by sphagnum. I picked most of it off but left some on so I didn't shock the plant too much right after its trip in the mail.

It hasn't been doing well. It had one leaf that died about 3 months ago, I lost a few roots, it spiked 2 months ago, then the spike shriveled up a month ago. Today I picked off every bit of sphagnum and I found a spot in the center that had some mold growing. The roots were black there.

Now that it's all cleaned up and naked, what can I do to give it the best chance of thriving? Would a terrarium with a lot of humidity help, since it's winter and still dry because of the heaters? Should I be misting it every day? Should I cut off the rotten roots or is it better to leave them on? I am full of questions and I need some guidance to save this little guy.

If anyone wants to jump in and tell me in detail about the care of a Chiloschista, I would certainly appreciate it. I've had a lot of trouble finding info.

This is a picture of it when it was doing well, several months ago. It looks terrible now.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional